free website stats program ABS Brakes | Harley Davidson Forums

ABS Brakes

ghuczek

Haven't ridden since my teens, and am now in mid fifties with a huge desire to ride again. I'm looking at the 2008's and I've narrowed it down to either the Heritage Classic or the Road King Classic. The Road King FLHRC has 4-piston brakes front and rear. Can anyone who has ridden this comment on the ABS brake option?

The biggest thing I miss going from my BMW to the RK is the ABS. Wish it was an option on the 07. Worth every penny.

I bought an '08 specilically to get ABS and the Brembo brakes.

Same for me. I specifically bought an '08 to get the ABS and the Brembo brakes. I had a K1200LT and I loved the ABS, but hated the linked feature of the brakes and the servo boost. The brakes were very touchy at low speed.

The '08 Harley touring bikes have very powerful and controllable brakes, better than the BMW. And, you still have brakes when the engine isn't running, like when you are moving the bike around. I came close to dropping the BWM a couple of times because there was no brake boost with the engine off.

I can stand my Ultra on it's nose with two fingers on the front brake lever! NICE!

I, too, would prefer the Road King but not because of ABS. I like the sitting height and the adjustable rear suspension. Never ridden a bike with ABS and my '08 Street Glide doesn't have it. I wasn't about to shop all over town or wait months for an FLHX of my color choice AND the ABS option to show up. I'm sure it's a great feature but I'm not sold it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. If the bike I fell in love with on the showroom floor had ABS, I'd most likely pony up the dollars and grab it but, like I said, it's not a deal breaker for me.

Oh, welcome back!! Take a safety course and ride safe!!

The Abs with the Brembo brakes are a great package .. but some people complain of a squeak or squeal .. i get a squeak out of the rear right now but its not super loud just enough that ya hear it

Back