free website stats program ABS brake update | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

ABS brake update

I guess there is some merit to your point, call me old school, but it just sticks in my craw to have someone trying to protect me from myself, guess we have the bean counters and lawyers to thank for most of this. Whatever happened to personal responsibility. Kinda reminds me of a not so old adadge (sp.?)
Blaming guns for killing people is like Rosie O'donnell blameing forks for being fat.

its not to protect you from yoursself. its toput more money in stealers pockets. im a tech to u dont need one for a car abs

its not to protect you from yoursself. its toput more money in stealers pockets. im a tech to u dont need one for a car abs

Under normal brake pad replacement you dont need anything special but on some cars depending on the ABS system if the ABS unit is replaced or air gets in the unit you need a scanner to cycle the soleniods. One example GM DBC7 system

The BEST rule of thumb I can give you with any ABS system is NEVER push old fluid back into the caliper or up to the master cylinder. This a sure way of compromising a solenoid and or plugging a port in the system. When you look at the fluid as it breaks down the color will change to a darker color. This is the internal rubber parts slowly wearing in and is normal, however if you have pieces of debris floating a total flush is in order, not a bad idea once a year any way as brake fluid goes through heat cycles and collects moisture, brake fluid one of the most often over looked of all the fluids JMO

Bud White I agree with you , but one of my posts that either got deleted for some reason or not posted, I was kinda ranting on about how I felt the MoCo was not returning the loyalties thier faithful customer base extends to them. so I toned it down and shortened it up bit, just seemed like a negative opinion of 1 aspect of the MoCo policy was being censored. If thats the case and its not my lack of skill manipulating this here magic thinkin box then I am also a bit dissapointed in the keepers of this site as well. Dont know for sure what happened but I cant find Hooples response to that post either. O well, I'll still keep coming here, it's mostly a good site, good folk, and a wealth of information. Hope I'm wrong about the censorship as there was no foul language in it.

So it looks like I was correct, it evidently is my lack of skill, that kept me from finding that thread anywhere besides my stats. Its nice to be wrong in my suspicions of censorship, as I really do like this site and didnt want to think that was goin on. I have also clicked the remember me box as suggested. I stand corrected.

Back