free website stats program A simple one re: Oil change | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

A simple one re: Oil change

OK, I'll bite. What does putting MMO in the fule tank do?

MARVEL® MYSTERY OIL
ADDED TO GAS OR DIESEL:
Marvel Mystery Oil® lubricates the entire fuel system-fuel pumps, fuel injectors or carburetors and the top-portion of the cylinders. These are areas, that by design, motor oil does not reach. Using Marvel Mystery Oil® in your fuel extends the life of these vital components by providing them with lubrication that fuel alone does not provide.

Good morning,
I just learnt about MMO from the comments right above me. It would be great to hear if more riders use it & is it really as good as their site says it is.

This product is not easilly found in MOntreal so will require a trip to the US border. Before I embark.. just curious if this is really a great idea or just another oil with a cool name.
Tks

It's not just another oil, If you look it up it's an additive and a whole lot more. And it has been around for longer than most of the guys on here have. I think you'll find almost every mechanic uses this at some point on some of their projects. You might be surprised how it will affect any type of motor, whether in the gas or the oil. Great stuff IMO.

In my opinion you should have changed your old oil on your last ride. Getting rid of the contaminated oil and having the fresh stuff waiting for the first ride. Since you didn't do this I would just drain it. All the heavy particles are now at the bottom and will be flushed out. Starting it now will only mix it all up again.

What did you feel the MMO did for your motor? A mild clean?

That TOO, this is one of those things that will get many opinions, I have used this in all my bikes for many years and will continue to do so:D

the drag specialities oil filters are twice as long & have a 17 MM socket end for removal. also check out spectro oils or red line 20X60 synthetic motorcycle oil ans their syn. shockproof gear oil for the tranny.

I change all my fluids after last ride of the season. I don't like the bad stuff sitting all winter, in the bike. So then when its time to ride, I just ride tell next oil change. But first do my T-Clocs inspection.....:s

T- tires & wheels
C- controls
L- lights
O- oils
C- chassis
S- stands

You need, as others have suggested, to ride the bike until she warms up. That way, any partials are suspended in the oil so they will be flushed out when you drain the oil. If you drain cold oil, you leave a bunch of junk in the old oil. Never drain COLD oil.

Back