free website stats program A New Road King | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

A New Road King

Just bought and 02 Road King, really like it.

congrats on the new to you rk. I know you will enjoy it. Lots of info in the self help section that will save you money and help you know what is best for your bike. Welcome to the forum.

Congrats Thorns!! Nice looking RK - gotta love the black & chrome. Wishing you many miles of safe riding bliss!

Nice Choice. I have an 09 RK in black.....12,000 miles and loving it. I added some V&H Monster Ovals, Power Dual, Stage one.....and some additional crhome. In my mind - there's no other color but Black and Chrome and this bike rocks.

I'm also curious to hear your comparison to the 07.

Well, I have almost 300 miles on the bike now. The day I brought it home, I took the windshield off it, and put it down the basement, that's why I have a Road King. This bike is...AWESOME. It is surprisingly very nimble, and I'm very surprised at the power it has for a toned down stock bike, this is due to the different gearing ratio's from the 07. No 5th gear whine either. The stock pipes...I can actually hear them (of course they're not Rineharts), but so far they're OK until I decide what pipes I want. This bike feels like a big sportbike with Road King on the fender. I am very critical of machines, but this is putting a smile on my face. I was tearing up some twisties, with the wife on the back, feel good about the performance. The front end is tight, the rear end is tight, and I'm actually diggin' the way the tires hold and ride...even with the white wall stripe (not a fan of WW's on a motorcycle). This is a pretty quiet running bike and engine, quietest Harley I have ever owned...it has less valve and gear train noise...so far. There is a wide gap between this bike and my 07. The 07 was a lumbering, sluggish handling motorcycle, and in a deep sweeper at high speed it was very iffy, but this 2010 is like riding on rails...hope it stays that way. I hope the floorboards don't take too bad of a beating...lol. The ride is very comfortable on the new RK, but firm. The stock seat is actually OK, and the passenger also, per my wifey. I'll have to watch it so I don't push this bike more than the design envelope, but I've pushed this bike hard in some turns and the bike just performs. A K&N air cleaner, good exhaust system, and fuel management will make forget about the 07 and never look back (the 07 was tuned and pretty peppy). I'm very glad to own a 2010 Road King!

Thorns

Back