free website stats program A Little Help With My Bike Selection Please | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

A Little Help With My Bike Selection Please

That Dyna WG is a great bike, I had one of those I bought new with the evo engine and that bike was a great ride. I swapped the 21" front for a 19" and it was even better then. Handled and rode real good.

Hey, thanks for the opinions folks -- appreciate it. while I like the Dyna WGs (I've ridden my buddies), I'm really leaning towards either the HSC or a RK. Is the differences between to two that significant for my intended use? I realize that going Xcountry it's pretty hard to beat a bagger's standard features, room and ride, especially when going 2 up. But wouldn't the HSC be a good choice for the in-town commuting and short (200 mile) trips, most of which would be solo?

Hey, thanks for the opinions folks -- appreciate it. while I like the Dyna WGs (I've ridden my buddies), I'm really leaning towards either the HSC or a RK. Is the differences between to two that significant for my intended use? I realize that going Xcountry it's pretty hard to beat a bagger's standard features, room and ride, especially when going 2 up. But wouldn't the HSC be a good choice for the in-town commuting and short (200 mile) trips, most of which would be solo?

Heritage would be good for that. But with all the quick detach stuff out there. You can make about any bike be what you want it to be. The options are endless. :yes

AV8ER,

My dealer was good enough to give me both models for a day each to try out, so if you can get a dealer to do that for you it's definatley the way to go and will no doubt help you decide.

The RKC will give you better ground clearance than the HS (IMHO) I have one which I recentley fitted with the large Mustang Touring seat which is really comfy and the good lady loves it. Mustang also do a 2-piece seat which you can easily remove the pillion unit when required for a different (classic) look, and whilst like your good self, I like to have the wind in my face the detachable screen is such a great option to have.

Really Well looked after scoots are not always easy to come by, I'd be talking to Glider if I were you. Good luck whatever you decide.

Test ride the RK and HSC..... My Husband has a HSC and just LOVES it. The removable windshield comes off in under 10 seconds if you want to feel the wind. I have a Dyna Low Rider and like it alot, but his stock seat is so much more confortable....then he has the bags that come standard on the HSC to put all his goodies into. But you'll have to sit on each, stretch out your legs and see how your arms hang from the handlebars. Good luck and keep us posted on what you decided. Isnt SHOPPING FUN?

Looks like each have their strong and weak points. OK, off to a dealer to see a side by side and perhaps a couple of rides. :s

Looks like each have their strong and weak points. OK, off to a dealer to see a side by side and perhaps a couple of rides. :s

Good idea - take the bikes out same day, same roads to get a fair comparison. Careful though, a bike's personality can change a bit between a 15 minute demo ride and a multi-hour day in the saddle. If you can, it's a good idea to rent and spend the better part of a day with the bike you're thinking about. Most dealers will credit the rental to the price of the bike if you purchase within a set period of time.

Back