free website stats program A day trip in southern Indiana | Harley Davidson Forums

A day trip in southern Indiana

Ozoneman

Tomorrow I have off so my son and I are planning to go on an all day trip around southern Indiana on some great bike roads. We'll head down to Nashville and ride 135 to Freetown, head west on 58 to Bedford, and then North on 54 and 43 to Spencer. Then head home from there. Supposed to be 79 degrees F and mostly sunny. Really looking forward to this ride!

Tomorrow I have off so my son and I are planning to go on an all day trip around southern Indiana on some great bike roads. We'll head down to Nashville and ride 135 to Freetown, head west on 58 to Bedford, and then North on 54 and 43 to Spencer. Then head home from there. Supposed to be 79 degrees F and mostly sunny. Really looking forward to this ride!
Hey Ozoneman --- I wish you and your son a very "blue sky,sunshine and forever memories" with your ride tomorrow!!! Congrats on getting to spend some time with your son and the open road!!! BTW --- Nice pics. of your scoot!!! :hii

I am so jealous... I see the pictures in my harley magazine all the time. Its such a great country and long winding roads... Nothing compares here in Ontario.

Once I retire I hope to make the tour down south.

Both of you have a great ride.

I am so jealous... I see the pictures in my harley magazine all the time. Its such a great country and long winding roads... Nothing compares here in Ontario.

Once I retire I hope to make the tour down south.

Both of you have a great ride.

Hey DD ---- When you get down here --- come on over to E. Missouri. We have some great scenery/roads to travel!! Invitation open!!

Had a great ride today! We started at 9:30am and got back 4:30pm. Wonderful bike riding roads! Some had a lot of sharp turns and others were long sweeping turns. Everything was in bloom (dogwoods, redbuds, etc.) and you could smell it in the air all day long. This is something I didn't expect, since I've been driving in a cage with the windows up for the last 20 years! For those of you that don't know, southern Indiana has some nice hills and large state and federal forests. The roads we took were in this area of the state.

I wore the kid out! My son was dragging by the end of the day. I guess my Ultra gave me an advantage over his VTX1300. He also didn't have his windshield on so the wind beat him up pretty good. I told him he needs to get an old geezer bike like mine!

Ozone, a friend of mine belongs to a local all bike club and every couple of years they to a weekend covered bridge tour of central Indiana. I think I may join them next time. They did it last year so they probably wont do it again untill next year.

Glad to hear you and your son had a wonderful time out on the ribbon together!!! The spring blooms are a fantastic smell!! It just seems that we breathe a "different" air when on a scoot!!

Ozone, a friend of mine belongs to a local all bike club and every couple of years they to a weekend covered bridge tour of central Indiana. I think I may join them next time. They did it last year so they probably wont do it again untill next year.

The covered bridge area is west-central part of the state. There are some nice roads to ride in that part of the state too. But the best roads are in the southern part of the state. A few weeks ago we took a trip in the covered bridge area and it was fun also. There is one area near Shades Park and Turkey Run State Park that are pretty good. So I would encourage you to try both areas of the state.

Back