free website stats program A Call for Prayers and Comments | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

A Call for Prayers and Comments

Thoughts and prayers for the family and your friend. I can sympathize with you in knowing when to "pull the plug" on riding for health reasons.

Very sad story, will add one more name to the prayer chain tonight

i know how you feel a friend has almost the same injuries last year. i was suppose to go with him but i had been out in the sun all day and said i just could take the heat anymore....30 later he was airlifted.
last week i got a text from a friend who woke up in hospital...minor scrapes and bruises....
when i took my first ride with out a helmet, we stopped after 45 min for a break and talk to a friend. i was physically shaking, my thighs were sore from squeezing the fuel tank. i said that is it i need to go back, i put on my helmet and the whole world went back to normal.

only ride when you are comfortable, if any little part of your person says not to ...then don't.
where i live is a tourist island where drinking and driving is not enforced, due to this i will not ride at all down here during Christmas or spring break plus i make sure i have my bike and me home before dark... we live on the way to the popular beaches and i need to feel comfortable to ride. know all those drunks are coming from the beach does not make me comfortable.

Take your time buddy, doesn't mater how long you go with out riding just make sure your are comfortable when you do.

payers with your friend and his family... also with you

take care

My thoughts and prayers are with your friend. I have been preaching Rider Safety Courses forever. Different bikes require different skill sets. There is a major difference in the way my FXR handles as compared to the Ultra. It's no big deal, but, you have to be aware of it.

When I moved up to the Ultra, the biggest factor was the increase in weight. I spent 500 or so miles on back country roads before I attempted traffic of any kind.

God bless your friend....

Keeping the prayer circle alive w/your friend - hope he pulls through & gets back on road to recovery soon.

Similar story last weekend here in NE, but outcome more tragic. Young gal out riding w/family on her newly acquired Sportster. She just got bike a few days prior & recently m/c licensed. Drifted over center on curve & hit van head-on...didn't have a chance & hubby/child were with her. Yes bike's are a great hobby, but not as forgiving as cage when it comes to minor mishap. Small mistake/judgement call can have grave results.

Back