free website stats program 99 Softail Brake Light switch | Harley Davidson Forums

99 Softail Brake Light switch

theklanchXL1200N

Hey I was working on my buddies 99 Softail Standard changing the levers and switch covers for him and I ended up breaking the switch that controls the brake light in the right control housing. Does anybody know if I can get the switch seprately or do I have to buy a whole harness for the right hand controls?

Maybe if someone knows who supplies Harley the switches I could get one from them?

Or does anyone on here happen to have a wiring harness for that bike? Maybe somebody changed out their wiring due to a handlebar swap and has what I am looking for on here?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

THE:rider:pENNSYLVANIA

The switch should be available through he dealer. Just be sure to plan where you are making the connection to it as there isn't much room inside the switch housings for additional wiring.

The switch should be available through he dealer. Just be sure to plan where you are making the connection to it as there isn't much room inside the switch housings for additional wiring.

Wow Glider that was fast. I was planning on soldering the wire leads somewhere just outside of the housings in the black wrapper that holds all the wiring together.

Do you happen to have access to HD part #'s? If you do, I would really appreciate one for this switch. I broke the switch trying to re-fit the housing because I didn't like the way I installed it the first time. I should have taken the brake lever out again before I tried to adjust it.

The owner of the bike and I were guessing on prices for the switch, my guesses were either $7.95 or $24.95 and he (of course) guessed $100. I am guessing he is right since I am buying the switch cause I broke it.:shock

I really appreciate all the help Glider

Thanks,
THE:rider:pENNSYLVANIA

Can't get the part number on the switch but your approach will work fine with the soldering/heat shrink. The switch itself shouldn't be that expensive, my guess would be $24 :D.

Back