free website stats program 98 FLSTC Electrical System Dead | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

98 FLSTC Electrical System Dead

Updated info. Went out last night to troubleshoot and found that when I turn the ignition switch to "Accessory" I had power to the speedo (no lights), but when I turned it to "Start"...nothing, dead.

I'm thinking its that lock/switch itself or wiring in the console. Fiddled with the wires hoping for intermittant contact in the "start" position, but no luck. I'll take a continuity tester to it in the next day or so.

Any other thoughts?
The ignition switch sounds like it, but if not you might check the breakers out, and their connections. The bike should have a 30amp main on the rear fender splash guard that supplies everything with power and then it has four 15 amp breakers, one for ignition, one for lights, one for accessory & one more for instruments that I think might be in between the tank under the dash, in 99 I think they were in a plastic box sunk in the rear fender under the seat. Happy hunting

Finally got some time to dig in, and I'm up and running again. Hoople and Glider nailed it...ground cable from the battery to the frame. Fortunatelyit was an easy fix...this time.

Thanks to all!

Thanks Hoop. It makes me very happy to see that we saved another soul from the dealers grasp...:D

Back