free website stats program 97 evo motor needs oil cooler | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

97 evo motor needs oil cooler

I have been using crash-bar oil coolers for years on both EVO and Twin-Cams. The commercial oil coolers offered at HUGE prices may work better, but the crash-bar is a natural heat sink, dosen't hang out in front of the motor, is pretty bullet proof and can be plumbed to show quality with the right fittings and hoses for half the price of the commercial brands. All the stuff you hear about how they get too hot to touch and will burn your feet come from people that have never tried one. The EVO is a perfect candidate for a crash-bar cooler. I got pictures and details if you want some information.

Just the other day I was cleaning the bike and noticed my "expensive" Lindby engine guard tube openings at the bottom were drilled open, and threaded with fittings with the crash-bar oil cooler discussed. Great idea and would be a nice clean alternative. I do not have a heating problem, but it never hurts to add additional assurance it will never happen, and it goes along with the minimalist clean design of the sportster.

Last edited:
I have been using crash-bar oil coolers for years on both EVO and Twin-Cams. The commercial oil coolers offered at HUGE prices may work better, but the crash-bar is a natural heat sink, dosen't hang out in front of the motor, is pretty bullet proof and can be plumbed to show quality with the right fittings and hoses for half the price of the commercial brands. All the stuff you hear about how they get too hot to touch and will burn your feet come from people that have never tried one. The EVO is a perfect candidate for a crash-bar cooler. I got pictures and details if you want some information.

I would most definately be interested in any info you have on that setup! Thanx for the offer!

My 96 FB has 47,000 miles on it no oil cooler. Is it a must have no .
That does not mean it not an option that may be worth while

While I appreciate your response it has nothing to do with information on crash bar oil coolers though!

Back