free website stats program 95 road king no crank | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

95 road king no crank

been looking trying to narrow it down correct me if i'm wrong it only clicks when on/off butten is in on position so i pulled headlight and disconected right side harness clicking stops so would that tell short is somewhere in right side handlebar or maybe switch itself ?

I would say from where I sit now that there's a good possibility that the problem is in that side of the bars.

Take a look at where the wiring harness comes out of the switch housing and see if it's pinched there.

been looking trying to narrow it down correct me if i'm wrong it only clicks when on/off butten is in on position so i pulled headlight and disconected right side harness clicking stops so would that tell short is somewhere in right side handlebar or maybe switch itself ?

Wish I had a schematic but Yep, that sounds right.

Most likely if you disconnect a branch, and the problem goes away, the problem is in that branch.
Your HOT on the trail.

ok sorry for delay glider if i remember you used to be in airconditioning wish you were close to me home a/c went out thats another story. now back to road king glider you were right on as usual,found short where wires go into handlebars repair not much slack to work with put all back together but no right blinker so back to s/m do test like mauel says disconect blinker module find #6 pin all is good now in handlebars start looking again find another short at right rear blinker these were aftermarket wire pinched between rear strut and chrome cover repairedall is good thanks for all your help,now back to a/c if momma aint happy nobodys happy:newsmile08:

Did a bit of A/C work but not an expert by any means. Just know enough to get me into trouble.:D

Glad you found the problem where I mentioned. Sometimes it can be a bear to find something like that.

Back