free website stats program 883 Super Low | Harley Davidson Forums

883 Super Low

I was on a test the metal run earlier this week and got to try the super low. I would not waste my money on it. I have an 883 low now and I found the super low rode just as rough. Didn't lean as well, hardly at all really compared to what I am used to. It didn't seem as top heavy as my bike now and it handled the road much better. Didn't feel so light in the front end. The foot pegs are larger with more space between foot peg/brake and foot peg/shifter.

All in all, I would not buy it.

I suspect this model will find some suitors. Mid contols, classic lines, new style cast rims. Not a bad profile when compared to the previous year's Low that was kinda the intro Custom.

Is it worth the higher ticket price? I guess we'll see...

Part of the reason why the new 883 Low handles better is because it is using wider RADIAL tires on 18" sportbike style rims...YAY! Have to agree with you there about it feeling small and riding hard...like the white with "root beer" trim.

Personally, I would have gone back to slightly longer shocks and NOT go "super low", cause once you have reliable rubber, and feel confident heeling the bike over, the peg feelers are the 1st to say "sayonara"...hard parts will follow soon after...!

thinking about this bike for wife she is 5 ft 5 in we havent trided the bike out even being short . do you think this bike would or would not be good for her ???

thinking about this bike for wife she is 5 ft 5 in we havent trided the bike out even being short . do you think this bike would or would not be good for her ???

Would a "custom" or the regular "low" bike fit her ????

I would only do the HIGHEST-LOWEST that would FIT her.

I would like the ground/lean angle to be the most I could get YET still FIT.....

Just ME
signed....BUBBIE

Would a "custom" or the regular "low" bike fit her ????

I would only do the HIGHEST-LOWEST that would FIT her.

I would like the ground/lean angle to be the most I could get YET still FIT.....

Just ME
signed....BUBBIE

You may try a lower seat and thicker soled boot for her:s

The wife has a Superlow. She's 5' 2" and we added a reach seat to mover her forward and she loves it. Today I swapped the stock mufflers with a set of V&H Twin shash-downs. Sounds great now.

The low profile and subsequent lower center of gravity just makes this a great first bike. If you're a seasoned rider, you will find the foot peg feelers real quick. But for some one just starting out, I don't think you'll find anything better.

I rode the superlow. Great ride. The rumble from the engine was fantastic. Even better, however, was the ride. It was very smooth. I didn't "bottom out" and I did go ever some bumps, the effect of a long winter. I didn't go fast enough to scrape the foot pegs on a curve. I take the reviews by Cycle World and Motorcyclist--two magazines that seem to prefer sportbikes--not seriously in this case. The Superlow is not a sportbike; it is not meant to be ridden as a sportbike. Even so, it is a very fun ride.

Back