free website stats program 88 Tour Glide Classic wont idle, back fires when I come to a stop | Harley Davidson Forums

88 Tour Glide Classic wont idle, back fires when I come to a stop

halos02

I just bought this bike and it wont idle, it back fires when I come up to a stop. What is wrong?

Do you have any history on bike. Any modifications or updates done to bike that you are aware of. The more info to work with the better responses you will receive. We have some experts here that are very familiar with your vintage...:)

I just bought this bike and it wont idle, it back fires when I come up to a stop. What is wrong?

How about telling us something about how your bike is set up. Do you know what carb your running and what pipes? It could well be an intake leak but the more we know about the set up the easier it will be to give you some suggestions on how to proceed.

Ditto on more information. I have a 1988 Tour Glide also and wonder if you have the stock Kehein butter fly carb on it. If you do then take it off and see how far you can throw it. That is a lousy carb and easily replaced with a CV, S&S, Mikuni, etc.

I have a 1988 Tour Glide also and wonder if you have the stock Kehein butter fly carb on it. If you do then take it off and see how far you can throw it.

Your reply really made me.....:lolrolling

Back