free website stats program 85 FXWG | Harley Davidson Forums

85 FXWG

Andrew Holland

Hey there! New to the forum. Tried just doing a search for electrical for this bike but it kept coming back no results. Anyway I’m looking to try and find wiring diagrams for an 85 WG. Been trying to put this bike back together for two months after a wreck. Now I’m down to the wiring that is messing me up. I’m getting nothing at all when I attempt to start it. Battery is good but that’s about as far as I got cause a lot of the wires were missing or just unhooked from where they go. Now I need to figure out how to wire it back up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to hearing from some knowledgeable people. Thanks again

I would suggest you get a Harley Davidson service manual for that specific year and model. Not a Clymer service manual. It's a good place to start and money well spent. Check ebay, the should have them.

I would suggest you get a Harley Davidson service manual for that specific year and model. Not a Clymer service manual. It's a good place to start and money well spent. Check ebay, the should have them.

I have a Harley manual but it’s for the big twin and the diagrams aren’t for the wide glide. They are for the FXR. Thank you for the quick reply though

Back