free website stats program 85 fat bob no start??? no go?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

85 fat bob no start??? no go??

it ran good before the starter work. I had an incident back in June and the bike shop that was fixing it, did a tune-up.. "Me" thinking it was done by a professional took there word from the get go i was being told that riders behind me were getting a good whiff of gas and it smoked a little not thinking much of it other than adjusting the fuel mixture. after about 600 mile I checked the plugs these morons gapped them at .30 and there suppose to be at .38-.43... after that my plugs were a nice tannish brown and ran great. but I started to puke from the breather when starting the bike... any relation to my problem now?

Do I have adjustable lift rods ? I don’t think so but I will check.

The puking from the breather could be several things, as simple as the check ball in the oil pump not seating, or too much oil in the tank

Jack I fixed my problem it was my compliance fittings the bolt in the rear thats why I couldnt find it I pushed it back and it started right up...!

Jack I would like to keep in tough with you in case I have any more problems..

I will just message you directly...

Jerry

Jack I fixed my problem it was my compliance fittings the bolt in the rear thats why I couldnt find it I pushed it back and it started right up...!

Jerry

:s Good deal, if the compliance fittings are original might want to take a good look at them they are prone to leaks

Jerry

While we all want you to get any future problems fixed as quickly as possible, it doesn't really help the rest of our membership if you just address things through a series of PM's or emails. Wouldn't you hate to find out that someone else was experiencing your same problem and never was able to follow your thread and posts leading to what the solution was?

Back