free website stats program 8* vs 25* injectors | Harley Davidson Forums

8* vs 25* injectors

Tigg

Hi Glider I hope you have time to answer a few question I have about the fuel injectors we talked about in another thread. I stopped in the dealer today and they said that it is covered under warranty. They told me to scehedual it in when I am ready so they can get the injectors in and make sure of the ECM parameters with my stage I. I just have a few questions about how it will affect my bike( just so I know )
1. are the 25* injectors bigger
2. will the change hurt my fuel milage much ?
3. will it help up performance much with already having the stageI(besides the rideability) ?
4. I have a freind with an 06 streetbob that isn't showing any of the symtoms . Should he get this done anyway?
I always thought the low speed surges and hesitation sometimes was just the nature of the beast thanks for you help Glider you are an valuable asset to ALL of us here!

Thanks again
Jack

Hi Glider I hope you have time to answer a few question I have about the fuel injectors we talked about in another thread. I stopped in the dealer today and they said that it is covered under warranty. They told me to scehedual it in when I am ready so they can get the injectors in and make sure of the ECM parameters with my stage I. I just have a few questions about how it will affect my bike( just so I know )
1. are the 25* injectors bigger
2. will the change hurt my fuel milage much ?
3. will it help up performance much with already having the stageI(besides the rideability) ?
4. I have a freind with an 06 streetbob that isn't showing any of the symtoms . Should he get this done anyway?
I always thought the low speed surges and hesitation sometimes was just the nature of the beast thanks for you help Glider you are an valuable asset to ALL of us here!

Thanks again
Jack

Jack

1. The spray pattern is wider and it flows a bit more fuel.
2. Will not do much to the mileage at all, even if it did the benefits of the bigger injectors will outweigh the mileage lost if any. You may be tempted to twist the throttle more and your MPG will go down then.
3. There is a new download that gets installed to upgrade the stage 1 flash for the 25* injectors. It will actually be on the lean side as compared to your present download because the injectors are flowing more fuel during their duty cycle.(pulse width)
4. If it were me, I would have the upgrade done regardless. It will run better....Better fuel delivery= better running and not necessarily less mileage as stated above.The stock download is very lean so this would no doubt help out.

Back