free website stats program 70,000 members by July 4th | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

70,000 members by July 4th

why is the sky blue....how is that for a start...:D

It is because the molecules in air scatter blue light from the sun to a greater extent than the scatter red light
However the red light can be seen better when looking toward the sun at dusk or dawn as the blue light has been scattered and the red light penetrates through when at certain angles and so the spectacular colours sometimes seen at dawn or dusk

Brian

It is because the molecules in air scatter blue light from the sun to a greater extent than the scatter red light
However the red light can be seen better when looking toward the sun at dusk or dawn as the blue light has been scattered and the red light penetrates through when at certain angles and so the spectacular colours sometimes seen at dawn or dusk

Brian

Brilliant! Thanks Brian.

Brilliant! Thanks Brian.

My Head is full of useless information some of it is about bikes and ever so occasionally someone asks a question that i know the answer to and i am happy to fill that gap in their knowledge

Brian

Brilliant! Thanks Brian.

why is the sky blue....how is that for a start...:D

Exactly what I was referring too...................:s

someone had to ask...:p

Brian

thanks Brian another thing i forgot from school.. :D

Nice one Brian!
And the sea only appears blue due to the reflection of the sky. It is as colourless as the water in your shower.
Thought I'd add a bit here too, LOL.

Nice one Brian!
And the sea only appears blue due to the reflection of the sky. It is as colourless as the water in your shower.
Thought I'd add a bit here too, LOL.

Then why do they call it the Red Sea or the Black Sea??? :p

Back