free website stats program 65 panhead chopper questions | Harley Davidson Forums

65 panhead chopper questions

B

Brian Swiontek

I just inherited my dads chopper. The last time he rode it was in 85. He through a rod and blew out the bottom of the lower end. This engine is 65flh. He also has a 56fl engine that runs. Can you interchange the lower end from the 56 to the 65 or are they not compatible? Any help would be appreciated!

Most Panhead parts are interchangeable. BUT double check all/any advice you get. There aresubtle year to year changes that may not be compatible with each other. There was a book "What fits What" for Harleys that was a bible for interchangeability. Sometimes they can be found on Ebay.

Most Panhead parts are interchangeable. BUT double check all/any advice you get. There aresubtle year to year changes that may not be compatible with each other. There was a book "What fits What" for Harleys that was a bible for interchangeability. Sometimes they can be found on Ebay.
Thanks breeze380! I found the book on amazon for 12 dollars. I appreciate your help.

Back