free website stats program 4 days and counting Road Trip! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

4 days and counting Road Trip!

Hey Beach. Hope you have a great trip. Take a lot of pictures to post for us to see and most importantly, have a safe trip.

Just got back from the Dragon Run, WOW what a good time Hwy 28 running up to the Dragon was almost as fun. Saw two Harley go head on with each other just down from Thunder Mountain looks like both riders some how will be alright but the bike have to be totaled. Did the Dragon 6 times and the Skyway twice. Had to leave a day early because of the weather moving in but three great days of riding. Riding around the beach sure is different than riding in the Mountains.

Glad you had a good safe trip Beachjeep. Five of my Melbourne, Florida buddies are coming up Thursday and we're headed to Murphy, NC Friday for two nights. We will go up towards the Dragon, but turning right and going thru Fontana instead. Saturday's weather is looking iffy, wet mountain roads are not my favorite riding.:(

Just got back from the Dragon Run, WOW what a good time Hwy 28 running up to the Dragon was almost as fun. Saw two Harley go head on with each other just down from Thunder Mountain looks like both riders some how will be alright but the bike have to be totaled. Did the Dragon 6 times and the Skyway twice. Had to leave a day early because of the weather moving in but three great days of riding. Riding around the beach sure is different than riding in the Mountains.

Glad you had a great, safe trip! Hmmm.....two bikes head on? Sounds like someone crossed the double yellow line. This is what's frightening about places like that which attract a lot of rider's of various experience levels. You can be doing everything correctly and safely and get taken out by someone going too fast and drifting into your lane.

Glad you had a good safe trip Beachjeep. Five of my Melbourne, Florida buddies are coming up Thursday and we're headed to Murphy, NC Friday for two nights. We will go up towards the Dragon, but turning right and going thru Fontana instead. Saturday's weather is looking iffy, wet mountain roads are not my favorite riding.:(

Sure, pick a weekend that I'm working to come through my neck of the woods!

Glad you had a great, safe trip! Hmmm.....two bikes head on? Sounds like someone crossed the double yellow line. This is what's frightening about places like that which attract a lot of rider's of various experience levels. You can be doing everything correctly and safely and get taken out by someone going too fast and drifting into your lane.

The Guy at fault rented the bike and I'm pretty sure he may have been drinking his buddy stood over on the side of the road while I called 911. It appeared that they tried to hide a brown paper bag by a bush. I figured since his friend would not come over near the Trooper some thing was up.

Sure, pick a weekend that I'm working to come through my neck of the woods!

Since I joined this forum, I've been wanting to meet up with you somewhere. We are going up US 441, and coming back US 129. Well mostly, once we get around Dahlonega, it's all backroads (I love the Delorme Atlas &Gazateer.
We'll hook up sometime, preferably S. of ATL. :)

Back