free website stats program 3000k ride on a wideglide | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

3000k ride on a wideglide

spade5 i've allways wanted to see texas.don't know if it will be this trip but i'm going to see it one day for sure!

think it would be better to ride at night through that part of the country smitty?if its in the dead of summer?

Quote: Spade5 "I was just starting to like you guys when you started messing with Texas. To each his own."

Sorry, did not mean to knock West Texas...or anyplace for that matter...my daughter got her Masters there and visited her several times. There are of course many places in Texas I like "--nothing is big until you been to Texas."

Just was one of those areas when traveling in, I felt very uneasy knowing how isolated it was especially if one broke down or ran out of gas out there...like I said...the view was like the Mars Rover on the Martian plain -- an earthly visitor in a very foreign and desolate place.

West Texas is Gods Country! But yeah it goes on forever! People are real friendly and the weather is great. If it turns bad just wait it will change shortly. Never seen weather change so quickly or so dramatically. We have a saying in West Texas "If you don't like the weather wait 15 minutes it will change!" I was riding a bike to Andrews Texas because my Brother was in the hospital. It is only a 45 mile ride. Nice clear day maybe a smattering of clouds. Half hour into the ride it was completely covered with thunderheads and hailing golf ball size hail. Hurt like heck. I pulled off the road and hunkered down under a Mesquite bush and tried to pull as much over me as I could. When the storm stopped I had dents in my tank! So if you travel West Texas you might get more of a trip than you wanted! Lots of places in Texas to ride just stay out of the Metro Mess (Fort Worth Dallas) and Houston area. Lots of places close to there to ride. Stephenville, Dublin, Hico and Comanche just south and west of the Metro mess. In Dublin they have the oldest running Dr. Pepper Plant and the only place they still make it with Imperial Sugar. South of there you can run down to San Marcos and say Hi to George Strait! Where ever you go you will be seeing more of this great land of ours so it should all be good!

Plan good and have fun!

lol i'm just hoping i can come up with some handel bars lol i checked ebay found what i think would be comfy but not sure

lol i'm just hoping i can come up with some handel bars lol i checked ebay found what i think would be comfy but not sure

Not sure what you are looking for but I find 12-14 inch Apes are best on the Dynas. I have 10 inchers on right now but I am looking to go a little bigger when I can find the funds. I am leaning towards 14 inch Apes. (I know 12-14 inches are not really apes, I guess mini apes would be correct).

Enjoy

Cowboy

00BS,

I would say head North too. And I am from Texas!! I love riding in Texas but it can get old. We took a trip to Maine a couple of years ago and it was great. we did 2800 miles in 9 days. Upstate New York is awesome. The Adirondack is just breathtaking.

P8221610.jpg

if i head north i could take the blue ridge parkway allmost all the way to ohio.....hmmmm
that parkway has some of the most breath taking views you'll ever see

Back