free website stats program 255 S.E. cams | Harley Davidson Forums

255 S.E. cams

Got around to getin the bike dyno since I put the new cams in and just bolting in the 255 cams and with the same zipper air cleaner and short shot pipes got anouther 10hp=84 and 10lbs of torque=96lbs:newsmile01:

View attachment 9004

The graft looks good but could be a little richer as Hoople says, a little more fuel at wide open throttle helps cool & give little more power, but your numbers are good, might expect a little more torque, here's a graft showing the WOT around 13-1 where I like it.

255cams.jpg

Now see yall just killed my good mood
Chopper what is the setup on the bike for that graph

Now see yall just killed my good mood
Chopper what is the setup on the bike for that graph

You should still have a good mood, your numbers are good, the bike in the graft I posted is a 07 road glide, stage 2 w/ heavey breather, 255 cams & sert. If you don't have the big bore that would acount for a little less torque. Hows it ride, that tells you everything right there. Some bikes are happier running a little leaner and some a little richer at WOT, but most tuners shoot around 13-1 WOT & crusing around 14.6-1 or a least I do. Reason for the extra fuel at higher rpm's is helps the engine run a little cooler and for power tuning. When your crusing you get stock like fuel mileage and when you grab a hand full of throttle the mileage goes down. It's all most like having two fuel maps.

I've got a few questions. I don't know squat about dyno charts but someday when the money is in I want a torque cam and some headwork since I ride mostly under 4000 rpm. I will have to wait on the miles to wear some before I do the big bore kit.

1. If he got a dyno evidently they did not get it quite where it should be. So if a person had a tuner like say TTS then you could do you own modifications to it IF you knew what you wanted to change. But otherwise I surmise you would have to go back to the dyno and hopefully they give you at least a discount rate for the correction?

2. It's easy enough to read the charts that you showed but how do you determine what is too lean at WOT and how do you arrive at 12:1 or 13:1?
In other words is the dotted line air or fuel and what is the ratio to?

I've got a few questions. I don't know squat about dyno charts but someday when the money is in I want a torque cam and some headwork since I ride mostly under 4000 rpm. I will have to wait on the miles to wear some before I do the big bore kit.

1. If he got a dyno evidently they did not get it quite where it should be. So if a person had a tuner like say TTS then you could do you own modifications to it IF you knew what you wanted to change. But otherwise I surmise you would have to go back to the dyno and hopefully they give you at least a discount rate for the correction?

2. It's easy enough to read the charts that you showed but how do you determine what is too lean at WOT and how do you arrive at 12:1 or 13:1?
In other words is the dotted line air or fuel and what is the ratio to?

1. Tuners do not always agree on everything, and each bike is a little different so you don't always get the same AFR or numbers on all grafts. like Hoople said he likes WOT in the 12's, I like it @ 13 and the people who tumed the bike liked it close to 14. I think the bottom line is by the seat of your pants and how the bike runs, with out way to read the AFR it's hard to do tuning, I've been without a dyno a couple years and what works for me & my customers is a map built by harley that comes with a sest, stage 1 or 2 and the bikes run great unless you do really rad or mismatched parts on the build. There is the TTS as well as self tuners out there that allow to to adjust the fuel map, I use the sest because I know and like it, but I'm learnning every day, it hard for a old fart like me to keep up with all the new tech stuff coming out every day. If you have a custom map built on a dyno and the bike does not run good then for sure the tuner will redo it for free, but if he can not get it right the first time I would get my money back and fine a new tuner. Not all dyno opperators are at the same skill level.

2. Horse power & torque are part of determing what too rich or too lean is, the dotted line is what Dynojet puts on their grafts 13-1 for a target WOT run, the ratio is by weight of air to fuel.
Hope this hasn't been too long winded for you. Probably five other persons have answered your questions while I've one fingered my thoughts here. lol

Back