free website stats program 2015 883 -XL will not start | Harley Davidson Forums

2015 883 -XL will not start

Two years ago, I was very close to going over to the other side. Once I recovered, I decided to learn how to ride a bike and by myself a Harley! Currently I just riding locally and have fun. Right know I can not get her started. I have never worked on a motorcycle and I am not sure just where to begin or what to look for. I replaced the battery and spark plugs. It has fuel and oil. It turns over but does not catch. I pulled one of the spark plug cable and pressed the starter and saw a spark. I have tried different combinations with the clutch and stand but got the same results. Two other points. There is some primary oil on the ground under the casing and the first time I change oil I added 4 quarts not three which I fixed.

It has fuel you say , but does it flow. In case off injection bike, do you hear the fuelpump priming up?.
If not check it's fuse !. Hard to say , what's the problem from your story! good luck

If you have spark and fuel it should run or at least fire. How do you know it's getting fuel? When was the last time you had it running?

Back