free website stats program 2014 Stage 4 Upgrade | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2014 Stage 4 Upgrade

I would think with a stage 4 kit, the 259E cams, 10:1 higher compression pistions, Polished and ported heads, 58m throttle body, high flow air cleaner, fullsac DX pipe and SE tuner, I would think this should be closer to 118hp and 118TQ or at least close..

I assume the kit is the 92500011 kit since for the 103CI motor. Why would you expect more than what is advertised for the Stage IV kit? You are fortunate to achieve the advertised TQ/HP; kudos to your tuner. I know guys that have had the dealer install and tune both the Stage IV 103 kits and did not achieve the advertised TQ/HP. What is missing from this kit and the "race" kit is the high flow injectors and the intake manifold. You might see 115 numbers with a cam change, better exhaust and tune.

Hillybilly is wrong about the HD advertised HP/TQ numbers. Those are not flywheel numbers but rear wheel numbers. Very clearly indicated as such in the SE Performance catalog dyno sheets.

I assume the kit is the 92500011 kit since for the 103CI motor. Why would you expect more than what is advertised for the Stage IV kit? You are fortunate to achieve the advertised TQ/HP; kudos to your tuner. I know guys that have had the dealer install and tune both the Stage IV 103 kits and did not achieve the advertised TQ/HP. What is missing from this kit and the "race" kit is the high flow injectors and the intake manifold. You might see 115 numbers with a cam change, better exhaust and tune.

Hillybilly is wrong about the HD advertised HP/TQ numbers. Those are not flywheel numbers but rear wheel numbers. Very clearly indicated as such in the SE Performance catalog dyno sheets.

I was referring to the advertised power numbers on HD stock bikes

Larger injectors- seems like a simple fix, what exhaust would you recommend?Thanks for the follow up!

Before doing any of the above, I would change cams. The S&S 585 or 570 would wake things up; the EZ starts, even with the ACRs. Installing high flow injectors would help but a cam change is what is really required. The exhaust would be the last thing I would change and I would probably only change the mufflers; the Fullsax DX head pipe is not that bad. A set of Fuel Moto or Rinehart 4" mufflers should be an improvement.

If you are open to a 2:1 system for a bit more; the D&D Fatcat or the Bassani Road Rage II would be at the top of my list.

Back