free website stats program 2014 Ride for Breast Cancer Awareness | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2014 Ride for Breast Cancer Awareness

Thanks for posting that Russ, I can see you are quite the photographer:s A very noble cause, too bad we cannot fund this research quicker PS. Lorne wants to get together some time in late June in Louisiana

Jack, sounds good,, let me know when and where...then I'll get it ok'd by the missus:D

Great cause Russ!! Reading this post and my wifes recent fight I'm motivated to organize a run here in Vancouver B.C. so just three questions. HOW,HOW and HOW?? Any starting point would be graciously accepted!! I'm not even sure if there is already a run here in Vancouver.

Hi vonh12,

This got started by a girl Chris, who worked at a local bike shop. She just jumped in with both hands, published fliers, got with the local watering hole, Boondocks, and begged for sponsors for support. It just grew from there. On the receiving end, the Mitchell Center at U. of South Alabama, the funds turned in go directly to research and not to any administration costs. This year was the 9th annual, so we hope to shatter the 20K mark.
It's just kinda like Nike...just do it! I think you will be surprised at how much support you will get. Good Luck!

This is a very good cause that I donate to, that and the heart foundation. My wife of 44 years had the fight of her life 5 years ago now!! Had one breast removed and the other a year later. She also had 6 rounds of chemo and a month of radiation treatments and now is five years clear!! I,m not sure how I'd have survived if I lost her!! I thank God for the advancements made in treating this vicious disease from caring people who donate time and/or money to help in the cause!! God bless every last one of you for helping save lives. I know this thread is a year old but the cause remains the same to save our loved ones.

This is a very good cause that I donate to, that and the heart foundation. My wife of 44 years had the fight of her life 5 years ago now!! Had one breast removed and the other a year later. She also had 6 rounds of chemo and a month of radiation treatments and now is five years clear!! I,m not sure how I'd have survived if I lost her!! I thank God for the advancements made in treating this vicious disease from caring people who donate time and/or money to help in the cause!! God bless every last one of you for helping save lives. I know this thread is a year old but the cause remains the same to save our loved ones.

So glad your wife made it through and she is clear, she is certainly blessed.

I posted this year's ride under the "events" section.

Back