free website stats program 2014 night rod | Harley Davidson Forums

2014 night rod

lowie

I just bought a new Night Rod Special and I could not be happier with it , much different to my soft tail , I liked it to of course but I was lusting after a Night Rod for almost a year so the Softy had to go ,. I am just wondering what the best oil is for them , I know what Harley recommend , but is it the best for this model ? I live in a pretty warm climate and we certainly don't get snow , we very rarely even get heavy frosts . Now most owners I speak to just get the dealer to service their bikes and don't know what goes into them , but I like to do my own and always have , but this is my first V-Rod so I am looking for some experienced advice , I know oils are a can of worms and every body has a favourite but I would like to know what you have been using and why , thanks , Lowie.

I'll blow you away with this one, I use Rotella or Delo Diesel oil in all my bikes including my 2014 V Rod Muscle.

Now that's opening a can of worms, but, I've done my home work, but that's what they all are going to say.

Be sure to get a factory shop manual. Me, I run some type of good grade 20-50 in all my bikes...

Back