free website stats program 2014 flhx | Harley Davidson Forums

2014 flhx

israguard

Good morning everyone,

Well, today I will find out what my dealer will give me for a trade-in on my 2010 FLHX with 16000 Kms (10k miles) on it. Bike is in mint shape and loaded with quite a few goodies. I saw the 2014 and really find its a beautiful model. Also, like most "kids".. I love the whole digital panel and BT. To me it's just very cool. I feel HD did good.

To be continued

Rgds, Shawn

Good luck Shawn. Remember that the dealers are riding the "new model excitement boat" right now. They are giving less and asking more while they can.

P.S. I like seeing Shawn spelled correctly! :small3d026:

Hi,
Well.. with my trade in.. they still want $12000 from me. I laughed. Its just too much.. and mind you this was the first chat we had about it.

100% in October I think they will be more eager. In Montreal MSRP is 31K for the "special" loaded version. Thats a lot of coin for a new bike compared to competitors.

Hi,
Well.. with my trade in.. they still want $12000 from me. I laughed. Its just too much.. and mind you this was the first chat we had about it.

100% in October I think they will be more eager. In Montreal MSRP is 31K for the "special" loaded version. Thats a lot of coin for a new bike compared to competitors.

Ouch, that may hurt new sales and luring NEW younger riders in

The problem is most dealers think that they are all that and a bag of chips. It like every bike sale new or used they need to make 3-5,000 dollars profit. It interesting how the dealer never wants to budge from MSRP..... I wonder if that is why some Harley owners have gone metric??????? I think with the competition being what it is Harley dealers would have better business practices.

The beta testers are lining up en masse. I have seen reports on other forums and apparently the 2014s are selling very well; many never hit the showroom floor. I have already seen several on the road; hard to miss with that vent up front.

Personally, I am not a fan and not interested. The new bikes look good, eye candy IMHO, but glad to see the MoCo doing well. Don't expect any "deals" on the price of a new model or the value of your trade.:newsmile091:

The beta testers are lining up en masse. I have seen reports on other forums and apparently the 2014s are selling very well; many never hit the showroom floor. I have already seen several on the road; hard to miss with that vent up front.

Personally, I am not a fan and not interested. The new bikes look good, eye candy IMHO, but glad to see the MoCo doing well. Don't expect any "deals" on the price of a new model or the value of your trade.:newsmile091:

Like you said eye candy. some have to have the latest and supposed greatest before any one else. This has been going on for ages..........

Hope this does not bring back the money down waiting lists

Don't know about the rest of you but I think the 2014's look a lot like the old Honda Valkyrie! Have also read a test report where they found the new water cooled 103 did not seem to have any more power than the air cooled 103. Obviously I'm not a fan. I don't see anything in the new model that would make me want to part with my /09 Ultra. The extra coin I'd have to put out just isn't worth it. Course that's just my opinion.

rode my son to work today so took a look at the 2014`s the fairing looks better than I thought it would - over all the bike is pretty sharpe looking - would still prefer a larger beer box on the ultra, do like the air filter assy. dash looks all right with the four guage package , would prefer the bag bars & more lighting on the rear. but then they will expect to sell a lot of extras. overall liked what I seen but will still keep my 09 ultra.

Back