free website stats program 2014 FLHTK question | Harley Davidson Forums

2014 FLHTK question

I bought a new Ultra Limited in March, have put about 3000 miles on it and really have enjoyed the bike, but there are a couple of things I don't like and hope someone here knows of a fix.
1. Every time the bike is started a warning comes up on the info-tainment screen that must be removed by pressing one of the buttons, I was hoping after a certain number of times it would stop, but it hasn't. Is there a way to cancel this out?
2. To listen to your ipod through the info-tainment system you go to a screen and press which device you want, when you turn the bike off and then restart you must do the same thing all over again, Is there a way to make it stay on the device originally chosen?
3. The gps SUCKS big time, I'm sure the only fix for this is to leave it turned off. It is awkward to use and takes forever to imput a new destination. The cheapest Tomtom on the market is ten times better than this thing. I'm hoping HD can do a download or something to fix this. The only thing I like about the gps is the dealership feature, you can find the closest HD dealership by the press on the screen.

I bought a new Ultra Limited in March, have put about 3000 miles on it and really have enjoyed the bike, but there are a couple of things I don't like and hope someone here knows of a fix.
1. Every time the bike is started a warning comes up on the info-tainment screen that must be removed by pressing one of the buttons, I was hoping after a certain number of times it would stop, but it hasn't. Is there a way to cancel this out?
2. To listen to your ipod through the info-tainment system you go to a screen and press which device you want, when you turn the bike off and then restart you must do the same thing all over again, Is there a way to make it stay on the device originally chosen?
3. The gps SUCKS big time, I'm sure the only fix for this is to leave it turned off. It is awkward to use and takes forever to imput a new destination. The cheapest Tomtom on the market is ten times better than this thing. I'm hoping HD can do a download or something to fix this. The only thing I like about the gps is the dealership feature, you can find the closest HD dealership by the press on the screen.

Answers;
1)No
2)No,but sometimes it does?
3)Only good thing about gps is it asks You if You want to find a gas station when You are low on gas.
Otherwise,it is one great bike and a joy to ride!!

What version is software do you have in the infotainment? Should be 1.17.4

if not download from the HD website under the owners section

Hope this helps...

Ive been reading all the Threads when dealing with the 2014's, Ive been saying ima wait till around 2016 to pick one up.That way Harley be down workd out all the little issues by then!!!!

Ive been reading all the Threads when dealing with the 2014's, Ive been saying ima wait till around 2016 to pick one up.That way Harley be down workd out all the little issues by then!!!!

I'm gonna have to wait until 2024....That is when it will become affordable for me...:(

I bought my TK in June and felt the same way about the GPS. I agree the default settings could be improved. But after playing with it at home one evening (and reading the owner's manual a little), I found out how to change the settings. I set mine up to act like a regular GPS and I love it. I am still learning more after 1000 miles. It really isn't bad at all once you change the settings to your liking.

Absolutely agree with kenc4x4. I have heard several guys in my HOG chapter complain about the GPS and I asked if they had used any of the settings, or read the manual and they said no. It is a great unit I am very pleased. You need to get to know it and the make the screen display what you want. Agree it could be more intuitive, but once you figure it out it is pretty slick. I am learning to use the Owners site and create rides on the computer to load.
The dealers are really the ones falling down here as there is no orientation when the bike is delivered. When I bought my FLHTK the sales rep did not even know how to cancel the route that was set on the bike and told me to read the manual.
I fear the Rushmore system is getting a bad rap because the dealers are not effectively training new users on the how to set the system up.

Back