free website stats program 2013 Fatboy Lo Stage 1 Air Filter...which one? | Harley Davidson Forums

2013 Fatboy Lo Stage 1 Air Filter...which one?

danthern

Hi...the wife just got a 2013 Fatboy Lo Anniversary edition. I want to do a stage 1 upgrade. With the shotgun exhaust I've found that we are limited with the slip-on's we can use so she has settled on the Screamin Eagles. I know I'll be purchasing a Dobeck Gen 3 tuner. The question is the high flow air filter. I've used K&N on 2 other Harleys I've owned and liked them a lot. Also allows me to use the current football shaped cover with the anniversary bling. Problem is no data for the 13 model. Will the 12 kit fit? Were there any differences that anyone is aware of? Thanks in advance

Check out the Ness Big Sucker, comes with a K&N filter and you use the stock cover.

Thanks for the replies...I spoke with the tech at K&N and he said that the same kit that is listed for the 2012 will work but since they haven't tested it on a 2013, they can't say it will officially....I did look at the Big Sucker but reviews showed that the backplate was prone to cracking. I've run the K&N on a Dyna Super Glide and my Road King and couldn't be happier. I just hope that the SE slip ons will provide the flow that's needed. Anyone have experience with them? Thanks!

You need to get rid of the stock backing plate as well as the stock filter that's why I recommend Big Sucker, mine never cracked on my old RK.
SE slip ons are fine but there are better exhaust choices out there.

You need to get rid of the stock backing plate as well as the stock filter that's why I recommend Big Sucker, mine never cracked on my old RK.
SE slip ons are fine but there are better exhaust choices out there.

In the reviews I read, it was the Ness backing plate that cracked, not the stock one. I've always used Rush for slip ons on my previous bikes as well as my FLHRC. We put them on the Fatboy and it popped to beat the band. The dealer attributed it to the shotgun exhaust and the angle taken by the lower pipe. The SE's are the only slip on made specifically for the fatboy lo, as far as I know. Besides, they're the ones that the little woman chose....We'll see how it goes after they are installed with the tuner and the filter. Always have the option to change...Thanks for your help!

Back