free website stats program 2013 Breakout and Day-Maker headlight | Harley Davidson Forums

2013 Breakout and Day-Maker headlight

ronhend

I got a new Breakout about six weeks ago and decided to improve my lighting, so I bought a LED Day-Maker bulb. Very expensive but what a difference.
After I rode the bike I noticed that my red fault light was illuminated indicating a problem.
I looked and sure enough there was a code present.
So off to the dealer. They said the system monitors many things including the light bulbs. It seems that it must see 3.75 amps draw or it thinks the build is blown or faulty.

They called the Moto Company to see if there was a fix for this. They were told no fix at this time.
Hopefully I will get a refund.

Sometimes I think we are going just a bit too far when we have a system to monitors our light bulbs.

Ron
WAP.gif

Just to add a question.
I have been told that I could use a load equalizer to allow me to use an LED headlight.

Anyone have any experience with these?

Ron
WAP.gif

I have been told that I could use a load equalizer to allow me to use an LED headlight.

Knowing what the acceptable "window" for current draw, that the body control module is looking for would really help. But if you wanted to make it work, it certainly could be done using a load equalizer.

I think it may be a little early to find something right off the shelf in the aftermarket. Give it a little time and there will be a quick easy & cheap fix for the problem.

Back