free website stats program 2012 Softail Convertible | Harley Davidson Forums

2012 Softail Convertible

msriver

Picking up my new 2012 Softail convertible 1st week of April. Wondering about the handling of the bike with a passenger. Test drove one but have not ridden with a passenger. My wife has a 2012 1200 Custom Sportster but will still ride with me on occasion.

Have the '11 edition of this bike, I have little experience riding period. I found that this is an easy bike to ride due to all the power it has on tap. Riding with a passenger has not been an issue what so ever even for this new rider. Good luck and also check out the CVO site lots of CVO specific info there

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Be very careful with the saddle bags. We had a 2012 drop a bag and six bikes went down behind him. It was also the second time it dropped of in 300 miles, I wish I had known before I would not have been riding behind him in a group......:( P.S I found out later the sales person had a hard time with the latch also.

I have the 2011 also, and I make sure the latch closes ALL the way, not just 99% It is fine on right side and sticky on left. I had already known folks that lost a bag while riding. Replacement is about $1400 because you have to buy the pieces individually, not assembled. So make sure that spring handle is locked and down. Other than that it is a great handling bike with or without a passenger.

Back