free website stats program 2011 Ultra Classic | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 Ultra Classic

From what I understand the 2011's are the worst thing to roll off the assembly line in the history of H/D. They make a Ford Pinto look like a Honda in terms of reliability, and from what I understand people who own 2011 ultras wish that AMF still made Harley's. However, if you would like, i would be more then happy to trade my 1999 ultra for yours, and i would do it as an even money trade and would just write off the loss and consider it as a big favor to you. If interested, you just let me know...............:D

Any specifics as to what makes them so bad compared to 2010 models?

At 2500 miles, I put in some quality sythetics in the engine and tranny. Been using Formula + in the primary and it's been fine.

Jack posted the link to the engine break process, so that's very helpful.

Heat was bad even on my 09 non-cat, but Stage 1 helped and now duals eliminated it all together.

Other than that, have fun and pick up a manual. I finally did for my 09 and it's essential (and fun to read).

Ride safe and have fun.

How tall are you ? You may have to lower the back a little? She ways a ton but only when stopped. Keep it as stock as you can, lots of Luck.

I don't plan on lowering the back end. I'm 5'7" and the height of the bike seems to be perfect for me. I'm changing the stock windshield from the 12" to a 10" so I can see over it. Also, dealer is having the inner faring painted for $350.00 total cost. As soon as I get it home I'm installing the stage 1 w/duals and fueler. I have a 2005 RK FLHRI for sale if anyone is interested.

2011 ultras are great 99 models not even close,try one and you will see

i have had a lot of bikes and so far the ultra is the besssssst:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back