free website stats program 2010 WideGlide battery question | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 WideGlide battery question

Sebastian1524

What is the easiest way to hook up my battery tender to the battery?

Do I need to take off the seat first or is there another way? Thanks!

What is the easiest way to hook up my battery tender to the battery?

Do I need to take off the seat first or is there another way? Thanks!

Do you have a owners manual, it will show how to remove the battery, you may need to file or notch the cover for the pigtails:s

I would recommend taking the seat off, just so you have a full view of all angles, find the best position and get the pigtail in the place you want it. It is simple enough to take off and put back on.

I didn't even know the dealer had installed the pig tail on mine so you may have one as well. I bought a battery tender and took the battery cover off to install the pigtail and there was already one there. It was tie wrapped to the frame and I had never noticed it.

What I did find was the battery cover was wearing through the insulation very slightly so I rerouted it.

Do you have a owners manual, it will show how to remove the battery, you may need to file or notch the cover for the pigtails:s

Here are photos of the notch in my Dyna's battery box. I used wire cutters to start the notch then a dremel cutter to smooth everything out. The dremel would have been sufficient, and the whole job took less than five minutes.

Attachments

• Battery notch.JPG
    Battery notch.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Battery notch closeup.JPG
    Battery notch closeup.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 21
Theres a single phillips screw on the bottom of the batt cover. After thats off it pops right off. Most dealers install a pigtail harness on all bikes. You might have one hanging down underneath the battery by your starter!

Back