free website stats program 2010 Ultra Classic Price | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 Ultra Classic Price

Thanks-- sounds good but probably not legal here in Aussie. We can't even legally have a light bar on the Tour Pak or Luggage Rack, although I have a "air wing" rack and light bar on order.

I can't imagine a Peace Officer writing a ticket for improved visibility on a M'cycle!

Thanks,
AR

I believe it. If HD found out a dealer was selling below MSRP they'd shut it down. The only way they can compete against other HD dealerships is on the shipping and prep and accessories, and let's don't forget the memberships for discounts on items sold in the store. But as long as you can make those monthly payments, what difference does it make; and if we quit buying them, they still won't lower the price, just ask the government for a bailout. I'm amazed at what we allow them to get away with and they don't even have to use a gun to do it. Sorry folks, it's tough being retired with all this time on my hands, guess I should go out and buy a motorcycle. Maybe even a Harley.

Sorry JS but I bought my 09 ultra last Feb. and the first thing my salesman did was to knock $1500 off the msrp and that was before I even asked for a deal. I got out the door with mine for just a shade over 23k and that included a stage 1(including 4 hrs dyno time @$100/hr.), new seat, and 5 extra years on the warranty. It really just depends on the dealer and how much they want to sell you a bike. I went to several other dealers and got the runaround and the "HD won't let us..." line before I ended up at my dealer. Ya just gotta find the right one and be willing to walk out the door if they won't deal.

Well, I guess if he made you feel like you got $1500 off the MSRP, that's all that matters. Some are probably better at it than others, but if you were satisfied, I couldn't be happier and they couldn't be happier either. It's all about the money, my friend, not your satisfaction. HD is like a restaurant chain, you buy only from the mother company, and you do it their way. I've been trying to buy a Harley for the last year and a half, from several dealerships in Texas, haven't got a deal yet. So I guess they don't need to sell them that bad down here, huh?

Sorry JS but I bought my 09 ultra last Feb. and the first thing my salesman did was to knock $1500 off the msrp and that was before I even asked for a deal. I got out the door with mine for just a shade over 23k and that included a stage 1(including 4 hrs dyno time @$100/hr.), new seat, and 5 extra years on the warranty. It really just depends on the dealer and how much they want to sell you a bike. I went to several other dealers and got the runaround and the "HD won't let us..." line before I ended up at my dealer. Ya just gotta find the right one and be willing to walk out the door if they won't deal.

What dealer did you get that from? Just curious, maybe next time I'm up there visiting my family, I'll swing in there and see what kinda deal they'll give me....Cause like Jick Scott says, they don't seem to want to deal to much down here! :(

It is a plug and play connector that goes between the main wire connection going the back of the bike. You get replacement red lenses to replace the amber ones. The turn signals stays on as running lights after the installation.

Tim

THE MORE LIGHT AT THE REAR OF THE BIKE THE SAFER....the turns to full lites sure make a BIG difference even during day time.....

I even added the BLINK>>>BLINK>>>BLINK>>> and then stay on brake light do-dicky.. in some states NOT legal.... I DO IT REGARDLESS

and my wife always wears some type of reflective material..

The military LETS you ride on-off post with reflective vests...BET IT'S warm n hot but safer...(i only noticed it here in sierra vista az.)

THE KEY I USED........ WALK AWAY AND LOOK AT PARTS..... when reaproached by sales staff (usually with the better deal).... I'd say "NO ,, I'll probably wait another year..."

The KEY worked for me and after turning THEIR 3 enhanced deals down

#4 MY DEAL BACK AT THEM got me my new 2009 FLHR @ 2300 off MSR (aug 21/09)

and me paying 350$$$( down from their offer of 750$$) for luggage rack n sissy bar with large back pad,,, removeable DOCKING & installed....... BOY did they SQUEAL... I just walked off again and played like leaving,,,,,,, OH OKAY and the hand shake.... DONE

MIND you : this was their LAST 09 in the show room and they were WANTING it gone...they wouldn't deal on a 2010 model right next to it....

just my way

signed....BUBBIE

What dealer did you get that from? Just curious, maybe next time I'm up there visiting my family, I'll swing in there and see what kinda deal they'll give me....Cause like Jick Scott says, they don't seem to want to deal to much down here! :(

I got mine at Town & Country, Cement City, Michigan. (near Jackson). Got treated right. I actually did get $1500 off the MSRP (not just a feeling that I did.) sorry to hear of your misfortune with dealers down there. Up here they must want to sell bikes (not all of them tho, lol)

The military LETS you ride on-off post with reflective vests...BET IT'S warm n hot but safer...(i only noticed it here in sierra vista az.)
signed....BUBBIE

This is a requirement, here at NAS JRB Fort Worth, used to be required 24/7, now just night time, however, while I was stationed at MCAS Miramar, San Diego, I belive it was required all the time there as well. They won't let you come on post without it, and if they see you riding around without they will pull you over. Speaking from experience!:yeahright
I do believe this is required on all Department of Defense installation's.:57:

I got mine at Town & Country, Cement City, Michigan. (near Jackson). Got treated right. I actually did get $1500 off the MSRP (not just a feeling that I did.) sorry to hear of your misfortune with dealers down there. Up here they must want to sell bikes (not all of them tho, lol)

Cool, Thanks, I'm not too sure when I'll be back up that way (hopefully sooner, than later, was just there during Woodward), but will definately check 'em out...My brother lives in Holly, Sister in Pontiac, have an uncle in Utica, Mom stays in Dryden (Lapeer) during the week, my inlaws are in Lapeer as well...Not sure where my brother and uncle bought theres but Ill have to ask!:D

Cool, Thanks, I'm not too sure when I'll be back up that way (hopefully sooner, than later, was just there during Woodward), but will definately check 'em out...My brother lives in Holly, Sister in Pontiac, have an uncle in Utica, Mom stays in Dryden (Lapeer) during the week, my inlaws are in Lapeer as well...Not sure where my brother and uncle bought theres but Ill have to ask!:D

Sounds like you got 'em sprinkled over a wide area. Shouldn't be too much of a problem to get down there. If ya do go, see Kevin, he's a pretty good guy to deal with.

I believe it. If HD found out a dealer was selling below MSRP they'd shut it down. The only way they can compete against other HD dealerships is on the shipping and prep and accessories, and let's don't forget the memberships for discounts on items sold in the store. But as long as you can make those monthly payments, what difference does it make; and if we quit buying them, they still won't lower the price, just ask the government for a bailout. I'm amazed at what we allow them to get away with and they don't even have to use a gun to do it. Sorry folks, it's tough being retired with all this time on my hands, guess I should go out and buy a motorcycle. Maybe even a Harley.

I didn't buy a Ultra Classic but I did buy a new 09 Heritage Softail Classic aobut 4 months ago. MSRP was 17,999.00 and I got it out the door for 17,100.00 and they installed the crash bar on it for me.

Jick Scott, like you said, buy an HD, even a good 2 year old one would be fine, and then tell us what a great deal you got. The cost of ownership is going down all the time due to the fact that there are so many good deals out there. I know you are skeptical, but hey, if you make a good choice, on a stable financial foundation I bet that smile from ear to ear with the wind in your face would change your outlook...did mine, after only 1 year owning an HD...(actually never stopped the minute I got it)! :D

Back