free website stats program 2010 Heritage Softail | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 Heritage Softail

brberno

I have a 2010 Heritage and have the "Wobble". I am certain its the neck bearing. I lifted the front tire and pulled and pushed the front forks, in doing such I can hear a small clunk. When I unscrew the cap, how much should I tighten the 15/16" nut at one time? Assuming this is the correct nut to tighten for the neck bearing. Thanks

I have a 2010 Heritage and have the "Wobble". I am certain its the neck bearing. I lifted the front tire and pulled and pushed the front forks, in doing such I can hear a small clunk. When I unscrew the cap, how much should I tighten the 15/16" nut at one time? Assuming this is the correct nut to tighten for the neck bearing. Thanks

You don't just tighten the nut, it takes very little to get the bearings into adjustment, probably not more than one flat on the nut. I would suggest getting the factory manual and check the proper way to do the adjustment to prevent damaging the bearings.

It's not something you just want to chance being it's the first time you have done it.

Thanks for the reply, I missed putting in the point about only going about 1/8" or so turn on the nut. I have a pretty good mechanical background, just not with motorcycles even though I've been riding most of my life. I did do some research since I posted this and have looked at some videos on youtube. Thanks again.

Back