free website stats program 2009 Ultra Trans | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 Ultra Trans

They are trying to use the new 5th gear as a selling feature for the Heritages as well. I have never heard a loud whine in 5th but after I put the Spectro oil in I don't hear any.

Just the nature of a continually evolving product - like all of us who bought 2008 touring models only to spend the next year reading rave reviews of the new frame on the 2009 models!

I use the Spectro for 6 speeds and hardly notice the 5th gear whine at all - that's what your stereo volume is for!!!

I also run Spectro and I don't hear the whine either. Maybe I'm goin deaf in my old age (my wife reckons I am...:D)

Doc, i wouldn't be too worried about the new frame and the suspension over the 08. I should have gone for an 08 because I'm sick of getting bounced off the seat because of the rear suspension on the 09. I've just ordered some aftermarket shocks to try and fix it. Shouldn't have to do that on a new bike with 10k on it. there are enough stories on the rough ride that it is not a fault with just my bike.:bigsmiley29:

Neil

Am I nuts to consider swapping my 09 UC 5th gear with the 2010 gear. Have heard HD fixed the 5th gear noise in 2010. Can I just swap the gears or need to go to new tranny altogether

BY THE TIME YOU PLAY WITH IT $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ TRY THE GOOD TRANNY LUBE FIRST!

On a 2009 model.... a friend was ready to take his NEW bike back to HD dealer in Sierra Vista Az. and demand HIS OLD bike back.....
I asked him why? He said he never HEARD such a WHINE AND CLATTER coming from a NEW tranny......

Not sure of WHICH oil his HD came out with?
Probably formal+ which is a good tranny-primary oil....

I offered him a Quart of REDLINE SHOCKPROOF HEAVY gear oil to try...

He called me after a 50 mile ride and thanked ME for saving him FROM the things he was GOING to do about the NOISE...

Saying it quieted the tranny DOWN to where it should of been in the FIRST PLACE.....

REDLINE *SHOCKPROOF HEAVY is a 75w/250 that should protect in any HEAT you'll ever see... *shockproof PREVENTS metal to metal wear.

***Yesterday,I talked to the owner FRANK of CASCADE HARLEY in BEND ORG....

Thats where I bought MY NEW BIKE, a 09 FLHR at the end of August 09 when the 2010's came out.. They GAVE ME A SUPER HOT DEAL $$$ and trade on my old bike......

I told him of the story of MY FRIEND'S tranny noise..

HIS reply (FRANK of CASCADE HD) was that HE personally USES REDLINE products in ALL of his toys and HAS for many years....

ALSO SAID THEY OFFER REDLINE OIL FOR THEIR CUSTOMERS....

NOW THAT IS GOOD NEWS, offered from a HD dealership....

THAT only reinforces my GOOD OPINION of HIS dealership in Bend Org.

THAT A GUY FRANK, we need NORE like YOU!

signed....BUBBIE

Back