free website stats program 2009 Ultra Classic | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 Ultra Classic

How do you like that black peal paint? Is it a premium color? Also I see that the stereo is rated at 80watts, now is that 80watts per channel or 20 watts per channel x4?

Those coming off the GL1800 wings I would like to hear from, if you owned a 06 or later Wing how did the wings 80wpc sound system compare to the UC stereo.

For Wing riders over 6' how does the windshield compare on the ULtra to the Goldwing? Do you experiance a lot of buffetting on the UC?

Heat, how is the heat with the new Ultra? The last UC I owned was a 03 stock and that puppy got plenty hot in the summer.

Handlebars, are the handlebars on the 09 UC the same as the earlier versions? Are they comfortable for the 6' riders or a little more. I hate to buy a bike and start swapping out bard right away.

At this point I'm on the fence between the 09 Ultra and the 09 Wing. I have had Wings in the past and really liked them but sometimes they are just too car like. The new UC I have been thinking about because of the new ABS and suspension, but I'm also a loud stereo player and having a kick ass stereo to boot is another big plus.

TIA,
J

Well I did it. I pick up my 2009 Ultra Classic tomorrow! It is Black Pearl, which was the same color of my 05 Deluxe. I sold it for what I asked, 15K and am happier than ever. I hope it all works out with the changes. I think most are positive. Wish me luck!:bigsmiley20:

How do you like that black peal paint? Is it a premium color? Also I see that the stereo is rated at 80watts, now is that 80watts per channel or 20 watts per channel x4?

Those coming off the GL1800 wings I would like to hear from, if you owned a 06 or later Wing how did the wings 80wpc sound system compare to the UC stereo.

For Wing riders over 6' how does the windshield compare on the ULtra to the Goldwing? Do you experiance a lot of buffetting on the UC?

Heat, how is the heat with the new Ultra? The last UC I owned was a 03 stock and that puppy got plenty hot in the summer.

Handlebars, are the handlebars on the 09 UC the same as the earlier versions? Are they comfortable for the 6' riders or a little more. I hate to buy a bike and start swapping out bard right away.

At this point I'm on the fence between the 09 Ultra and the 09 Wing. I have had Wings in the past and really liked them but sometimes they are just too car like. The new UC I have been thinking about because of the new ABS and suspension, but I'm also a loud stereo player and having a kick ass stereo to boot is another big plus.

TIA,
J

Well, I can't answer all your questions, but I can a few. The Black Pearl is not a special paint. I love the color as I had it before and it looks great IMO. Paint is a personal choice.

The stereo is my first so I can't compare to others. It is 20 per channel. It works just fine for me. I hear it at highway speeds at 1/2 -3/4 volume.

I am 5'10" and the WS is perfect for me.

Heat is an issue no doubt. I have a TFI fuel management as well as a stage one with syn oil and it is now "bearable". Not an issue for me, but stock sure was.

Handle bars are another I can't help with. Mine are stock and I feel like I reach a little for them. I have only had rides of a few hundred miles but with no issues. I will likley get diff bars with internal wiring eventually.

I have no regrets and this is the best bike I have ever owned. Good luck and ride safe.

Went over to the dealers today and did a test sit on a 09 UC, the handlebars are shorter then the stock ones on my 03 Ultra. I asked the sales guy about that and he replied " well did you buy the 03 new if not the bars were changed" and we could also get a set of taller bars for you.

Man HD is really getting into the nickel and diming with ever little item, spend that type or money and you already changing the bike $$$.

Well, I can't answer all your questions, but I can a few. The Black Pearl is not a special paint. I love the color as I had it before and it looks great IMO. Paint is a personal choice.

The stereo is my first so I can't compare to others. It is 20 per channel. It works just fine for me. I hear it at highway speeds at 1/2 -3/4 volume.

I am 5'10" and the WS is perfect for me.

Heat is an issue no doubt. I have a TFI fuel management as well as a stage one with syn oil and it is now "bearable". Not an issue for me, but stock sure was.

Handle bars are another I can't help with. Mine are stock and I feel like I reach a little for them. I have only had rides of a few hundred miles but with no issues. I will likley get diff bars with internal wiring eventually.

I have no regrets and this is the best bike I have ever owned. Good luck and ride safe.

Back