free website stats program 2009 Road Glide Performance upgrades | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 Road Glide Performance upgrades

1959 RoadKing

I have an 09 Road Glide with 5000 miles on it and just purchased a 103 stage II kit and am wondering if I should get a set of 103 heads to compliment the kit. I already have a heavy breather, Rinehart slip-ons and a S/E race tuner. Do you need to run diffferent cams and pistons if you switch to the S/E heads? Would I be better off sending my stock heads to someone for some porting and polishing work? I really want more performance but dont want to sacrifice reliability. Contemplated a Procharger but its just too much $$$ for now. This is my first time to your site and would really appreciate your thoughts.

either going with the head or having them done is a good choice .. you shouldnt need new cams as the cams in the kit should work well esp if you can make it breath the whole problem with the TC heads is they flow less on a bench than evo heads and the evo was as we know a smaller motor.

If you have the heads done specify the kind of riding you will do to the porter it does make a difference .. some will just hog out the ports and you end up less power

Ported and polished heads are going to flow better than the SE heads. Not cheap to have them done properly, but in the long run cheaper than a turbocharger.

Back