free website stats program 2009 EG Standard,Classic,Ultra differences | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 EG Standard,Classic,Ultra differences

Haven't ridden an 09 but this has been my experience with the Electra-Glide family thus far:

My first bagger was a '00 Standard which I absolutely loved and rode the wheels off of.

Fast forward a few years and decided it was time for a new bike and was gonna buy another Standard.

Wife insisted she wanted comfy back-rest (as she points to the Electra-glide Classic sitting on the showroom floor...)

Gave in to my wife (again) and bought an '08 Classic this time around. I figured that the cost of adding tour-pack etc. to the Standard was gonna be more than just buying a Classic in the first place.

24,000 kms later, love this bike. Best part (and biggest suprise) was the stereo. Adding great tunes to your favorite road trip is like the icing on the cake and just adds a whole new dimension to the riding experience.

Initially I didn't even want a stereo but now that I have one, I wouldn't buy another without it.....

IMO, all three are great machines. Just depends on how much you want to spend.:D

Last edited:
gotta say I agree with you about the stereo. I added a HK to my 09 Standard and hooked up a set of moulded earplug/speakers and just love bopping along to my favourite tunes.

Another difference between the Standard and the Ultra is that the Ultra has a Black and Chrome motor/transmission while the Standard has a silver and alloy motor.transmission. I loved the look and ease of cleaning of the silver motor so that was a big decider for me too. I added a chrome kit to the silver motor and I love the silver and chrome look.
Everyones bike is different coz that's the joy of owning a Harley. I love the way mine looks with the silver motor

Neil

that is one very sweet looking bike. You've done a great job and have a unique Harley.

Neil

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm living in Europe (France). My FLHT 09 has ABS (All tourings have in standart) . Siren too.
Cruise it's an option

Haven't ridden an 09 but this has been my experience with the Electra-Glide family thus far:

My first bagger was a '00 Standard which I absolutely loved and rode the wheels off of.

Fast forward a few years and decided it was time for a new bike and was gonna buy another Standard.

Wife insisted she wanted comfy back-rest (as she points to the Electra-glide Classic sitting on the showroom floor...)

Gave in to my wife (again) and bought an '08 Classic this time around. I figured that the cost of adding tour-pack etc. to the Standard was gonna be more than just buying a Classic in the first place.

24,000 kms later, love this bike. Best part (and biggest suprise) was the stereo. Adding great tunes to your favorite road trip is like the icing on the cake and just adds a whole new dimension to the riding experience.

Initially I didn't even want a stereo but now that I have one, I wouldn't buy another without it.....

IMO, all three are great machines. Just depends on how much you want to spend.:D

If you love your tunes while on the road you should up-grade your speakers, I think Hogtunes are the best and they're Canadian eh.

Right you are about the "whole new dimension to the riding experience". Man, I love my tunes when I ride. It is the icing on the cake, as you say. I just tone them down a bit when I enter into town or residential neighborhoods with respect to the community. Seriously. I don't want to enhance the perception of a Harley rider as being loud and obnoxious anymore than some folks already think we are! :s

Ditto on the stereo- meaning that when I didn't have one it didn't matter, but with the upgrade to the 09 Ultra (from a '96 Standard) I like having music onboard.

My 09 came with security and ABS. Also in Australia and I got a heck of a deal on an 09 FLHTCU just before the '10s arrived..

Cheers,
AR

Back