free website stats program 2009 CVO ECM Map | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 CVO ECM Map

Bad Glide

I recently put a 110" crate motor into my 2009 FLTR tring to locate a copy of the 2009 110 CVO map for a starting point on tuning. Can anyone help me out?:small3d028:

I recently put a 110" crate motor into my 2009 FLTR tring to locate a copy of the 2009 110 CVO map for a starting point on tuning. Can anyone help me out?:small3d028:

Hoople may be able to help you with this one:s

I didn't answer your thread earlier because I was not sure exactly what you were asking for. Are you looking for a binary file that you can load using a SEST or are you looking for .pdf print outs of the cell values. Is this engine being driven from a Delphi ECM that once had a CVO file loaded to it.?

What are you using to load the file? If you already have a SEST, you can use the pull down list supplied and select a 1800 engine that is close to what you have. (009CAF002, 00SBF001)

If your present ECM did not drive a CVO engine, when you try to load a canned CVO map to it, it will say "this file is not compatible with this engine" and it will not allow you to load the file.
If your going to load the cells by hand, you can just open 2 windows of the SEST software and copy/paste the maps by hand.

Your request had just too many unanswered questions for me to really help.

I've already got a SERT but the available maps for a 2009 with a 110 are not designed around the crate motor. I'm currently working with 009SAY002.dt0 however this file was for 10.5 to one compression and stock injectors with the 58mm throttle body. My configuration is the stock 9.3 to one compression ratio 58mm throttle body, with the oversized injectors. Will the maps for the 2010 and 2011 bikes work with the O2 sensors in the 2009 bike? I'll check out the files you sugested,, Thanks.

Ok, so you already have a SEST. I take it that the original engine that was matched to your present ECM was something like a stock 96.

The injector size for the 009SAY002 can be easily changed on the "Tuning Setup" tab page. Your looking for a "starting point map" correct.? When you think about it, how much does the actual compression RATIO change the VE of an engine. For the most part, VE is determine by throttle body, pipes, heads, CI of cylinders, cam, air cleaner etc.. I would not focus too much on the compression ratio since all your looking for is a "starting map" before an exhaust analyzer is used.

I may be mistaken, but I think you may have a problem loading a CVO like that to an ecm that presently has a base 96 engine in it. I could not when I tried it to my base 96. I only tried it once but it said it was a non-compatible file.

It would take the tuning files fine that were for 2009 bikes. It balked a little with the 2010 file and indicated the file might not be for the bike I was loadi ng it in. However it only asked if I wanted to continue. I've opened the 2010 file and checked it out. It's not too diferent from the one I was using. So I loaded it and will take a short test ride in the morning. Thanks for your help. I'll let you know the outcome.

However it only asked if I wanted to continue.

That's Kool. Thought you might hit a wall with that.

Since your compression ratio is lower you may be able to be more aggressive with your spark curves listed for the 10.5 ratio. You could easily do that yourself using the VCI in recording mode. Record Ion-knock retard for both cylinders and adjust accordingly. The spark advance curves are not hard to do yourself using public roads as your dyno.

At least with my 2009 96 map files, I have found all of them to be on the lean EPA side as far as air fuel ratio's go. I am pretty sure they are all calculated based on non E10 fuels also. Maybe the 2011 files are not but the 2009 files should still be all pure gasoline.

:newsmile07:Well that experiment failed the 10 & 11 maps will not work for a 2009 bike. Idle is not controlled and the motor is continually surging about 1,000 rpm looking for where it should be. I reflashed with the 2009 map I've been working on. My hardest problem to over come is the lean condition the closed loop part of the map uses. Cruise will be good then a slight change in elevation will cause a slightly increased load and the bike doesn't see it and goes leaner causing a very slight preignition condition.

Have you already selected E10 fuel in the A/F table. Do you have knock retard set active. Which file number are you using. Are you overly concerned about your gas mileage?

My hardest problem to over come is the lean condition the closed loop part of the map uses. Cruise will be good then a slight change in elevation will cause a slightly increased load and the bike doesn't see it and goes leaner causing a very slight preignition condition.

For starters, if you are working with a 2009 file that does not have E10 correction, just manually do a Global .3 reduction on the entire A/F table. (I trust your using E10 pump gas). Have you already corrected for your injector size in the Tuning Setup Table? Verify the Cubic inch of the engine in the Tuning Setup is set to 110.

As far as the pre-ignition under light loads. In my opinion HD (SE) is crazy with the values they have selected for spark advance. They are trying to squeeze every last mile out of a gallon of fuel and they want emission low. Limit the spark advance to 38 degrees in every cell. Meaning that ANY cell which has a number of 39 or more, change it to 38 degrees. Actually 38 is more than the engine can eat with the fuel we have today but you need to get out of the 40's.

All those cells that currently have 45 degrees of spark advance in them is just too unrealistic. They are relying on the knock retard sub-system to keep from destroying the engine. Don't do it their way. Their hands are tied by the EPA. Just do what makes sense.

Back