free website stats program 2008 FLHX Grip Measurement | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 FLHX Grip Measurement

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
I'm on vacation away from my bike:bigsmiley15: and I need someone to help me out and measure the diameter of the stock grips on a 2008 FLHX. I'm addressing some pain/numbness issues I brought up in another thread and I'm going to try the least expensive solution first - company called Crampbuster makes a "palm rest" that goes over the grip.

Thanks, fellow Street Glide owners!!

went with the throttle boss on my girls shadow for 10 bucks out of j and p .She loves it.Ive been fortunate enough not to have wrist problems.The boss is universal, no measurement needed.

went with the throttle boss on my girls shadow for 10 bucks out of j and p .She loves it.Ive been fortunate enough not to have wrist problems.The boss is universal, no measurement needed.

According to the crampbuster website there are two diameter's available for Harley's and like I said, I'm not home so I can't go out and measure my stock FLHX's grip diameter.

Doc, if they are the stock FLHX grips, they measure 1 3/8".

I tried the Kuryakyn Throttle Boss on mine, but found it slipped too much. Kind of a shame; I liked the size of the TB better than the crampbuster.

Couldn't maintain a steady speed. It kept wanting to rotate on the throttle.

The one downside I have found with the crampbuster is that it can get in the way if you are doing tight maneuvering. If it does, you can push up on it and it will rotate around out of the way. My wife and I both have them on our bikes, and almost don't know how to ride without them now.

Couldn't maintain a steady speed. It kept wanting to rotate on the throttle.
The one downside I have found with the crampbuster is that it can get in the way if you are doing tight maneuvering. If it does, you can push up on it and it will rotate around out of the way. My wife and I both have them on our bikes, and almost don't know how to ride without them now.

We must be talking about two different types of "boss." The one I had on my Sportster with Kuryakyn ISO grips was actually screwed onto the end and wouldn't budge, no matter how hard I leaned on it.

I'm going to order one of the crampbusters tomorrow morning. Much cheaper to try that first before ordering the Kury Premium ISO Grips. I still pretty much suck at tight maneuvering anyhow so they shouldn't bother me too much.

Thanks for your help! Goodnight.

We must be talking about two different types of "boss." The one I had on my Sportster with Kuryakyn ISO grips was actually screwed onto the end and wouldn't budge, no matter how hard I leaned on it.

I'm going to order one of the crampbusters tomorrow morning. Much cheaper to try that first before ordering the Kury Premium ISO Grips. I still pretty much suck at tight maneuvering anyhow so they shouldn't bother me too much.

Thanks for your help! Goodnight.

I think we are. Kury now has a "universal" throttle boss that is made of rubber and slips onto the stock grip. Costs about the same as the crampbuster, and is probably their answer to the competition.

Ride safe!

Back