free website stats program 2007 stator/alternator | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 stator/alternator

yup i just found a site that says that too.guess if you have a bike question the dealer is not the place to go.the guy at the on-line store(BatteryStuff.com) says it's a direct replacement for the Harley battery and will work fine in the 07 heritage.
It'll work fine 2 amps is not going to make or break it,

Maximum current output of the alternator is based on how many accessories AND charging current is required to run the bike...as the system is "technically" a battery run system, the alternator is to provide most current to keep system running and float charge momentarily discharged battery from starting with 150A 4-6 sec draw.

Odessey or HD battery with typically 250-350CCA won't care over 38 or 40A capable alternator...but the price and reliability of a modern HD AGM technology battery is hard to beat.

i bought a new Odyssey battery for my 07 heritage.according to the manual with the battery that unless the bike has a minimum 3-phase 40amp system the battery could go dead after riding about 150 miles.does anyone know what the charging system is on a 2007 heritage v-twin.the dealer where i bought the bike couldn't tell me.

Regardless of the type of battery installed, I recommend that EVERYONE get and use a battery TENDER. Personally, I use a Battery Tender Jr. These things MAINTAIN the battery at a fully charged condition. I plug my charger in EVERYDAY as soon as I park it in the garage.

The reason for this is that lots of us start our bikes, ride a few miles and then shut the engine down. Then we start them back up and ride a few miles and shut the engine down. Doing this may not allow the charging system to fully charge the battery back to full charge condition. Hence, use a tender!!

Here is some technical info on your Odyssey battery:

http://www.odysseybatteries.com/files/pc545.pdf

TQ

Attachments

• pc545.pdf
    27.7 KB · Views: 3
Back