free website stats program 2007 road king | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 road king

[QUOTE="Truck708]Just pulled only one code. P0562 Battery low voltage so then I'll just replace the battery and hopefully that was all that was wrong. any after thoughts on anything i might be forgetting or should do???

Fresh fuel. Run up to operating temps change oil and filter and primary oil. Sitting for two years could have dried up some seals'gaskets so as you ride, watch for leaks from fork seals, inner primary, push rod tubes, rocker box, cylinder to case, etc. When you get the time, compression and leak down test would be appropriate to assess the condition of the top end; rings could be stuck. JMHO

Or you could just ride and see what breaks.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
wouldn't stuck rings cause it to back fire?

[QUOTE="Truck708]wouldn't stuck rings cause it to back fire?[/QUOTE]
No. Low compression and high oil consumption. If the bike has truly been sitting for two years, i.e., no periodic starting, there are plenty of things to check before deciding to take a long ride. Just saying that checking all the potential trouble areas on a bike in this condition would be a worthwhile endeavor but, like I said, you could also just ride it and see what happens.;)

[QUOTE="Truck708]wouldn't stuck rings cause it to back fire?
No. Low compression and high oil consumption. If the bike has truly been sitting for two years, i.e., no periodic starting, there are plenty of things to check before deciding to take a long ride. Just saying that checking all the potential trouble areas on a bike in this condition would be a worthwhile endeavor but, like I said, you could also just ride it and see what happens.;)

Just replaced battery and noticed when the seat is back on, it rests on top of the battery.
Is that normal?? can that cause a problem?
also noticed a cracked exhaust pipe coming from the rear cylinder. The crack is at the "Y" > where it splits to both exhaust pipes>
Is this an easy fix and not to exspensive?

Last edited by a moderator:
The seat should NOT touch the top of the battery. Make sure that a wire or other object did not get under the battery. The "Y" crack is very common and can be welded, usually with poor success rate. This is because the inside of the pipe has deteriorated in a larger area. Ebay usually has a lot of take off's for sale. 1997 to 2007 Touring models are direct fit. But are you going to get one ready to crack??

Seat sitting on top of the battery is not normal but should not cause an electrical issue. If the seat is stock, maybe the wrong battery or, as Breez points out, something could be underneath the battery.

The "Y" pipe crack is pretty common and, again, Breeze is on point. The crack can be welded but will crack again. When the pipe is replaced, attention should be paid to installation and making sure that mounting does not put the pipe under stress. If you decide to replace the pipe, I have a very low mileage OEM system off an '02 Electraglide with SE mufflers that I will part with pretty cheap for another forum member; PM me if interested.;)

[QUOTE="Truck708]what's that pipe called? is it a manifold pipe?[/QUOTE]

Right rear exhaust pipe, PN65626-07B; goes for about $350 to replace unless you can find one on Ebay. You can have a complete system, i.e., pipes, SE mufflers, and heat shields for $100 plus shipping per my previous post. Offer stands, it's not going anywhere.;)

[QUOTE="Truck708]thanks guys.
Dolt, how can i be sure yours is an exact fit for my bike ? what about shipping cost?[/QUOTE]

All touring models shared the same exhaust from '99-'08. Frame change in '09 and touring exhaust changed to the cross under 2:1:2 system. Just to be sure, I have checked the PNs and compared the '02 parts to the '07 parts and the PNs are the same except for the suffixes on some are different which usually indicates a supplier change or something that does not affect fitment. You can go to Ronnies Parts finder and check for yourself. The mufflers I have are the SE mufflers that are included in the HD Stage I upgrade for higher flow intake and exhaust; universal fit to all touring models.

The parts on loosely packed in a box for storage and heat shields are covered with plastic wrap for protection. I would have to see if I can re-pack tighter to minimize shipping cost. The mufflers are packed in their own box and would probably ship separately; so shipping cost could be between $75-$100 I would need to re-pack and your zip code to finalize which I will take the time to do if you are serious but I don't want to go to the trouble if $200 and change is more than you want to spend. The only thing not included would be the c-clamps for the heat shields which you already have.

Back