free website stats program 2007 Heritage Classic Questions | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 Heritage Classic Questions

Thanks leapfreak,

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond, but I've been busy cleaning out/organizing my shed to make room for the Harley. :D

It looks like I'm going to be buying from HD-Columbia (my local dealer). They are due to receive a Heritage Classic in my desired colors later this week. Hopefully I'll be riding by the weekend. :cool:

I didn't know Columbia and Cool Springs have the same owner. I've been looking at both places, and both have treated me well. I rent a FLSTC from Cool Springs last week.

I guess I'll probably go ahead and do the pipes/breather/tuner with purchase, since they do give 20% off on accessories at sale. So, I might as well do it right from the start. They have that stuff included in a package deal with several other options like passenger footboards, engine guards, windshield bag, and upgrades for shifter/handgrips/footboards, etc. Did you get that same package? I'm also thinking of upgrading to the Chrome Profile Laced Wheels.

I'll most likely be riding alone for most of the spring/early summer, as my lovely young wife says she wants me to get some experience on 2 wheels back under my belt before she'll be ready to get on back. LOL! It's been over twelve years since I owned a bike and longer since I ridden regularly. I used to regularly put 5500 to 7000 miles a year on my 83 Shadow 750 in Ohio, even riding to work alot of days throughout the winters. Can't say as I blame her, but personally I felt VERY comfortable on the FLSTC after about an hour of riding the rental!

We both turn 50 this year, so we aren't far behind you guys. LOL. I look forward to getting together down the road. I'm sure we'll be talking more. I'll send you my email in a PM. I hope and pray that things are going better for Linda.

Talk to you later,

TWD

TWD - I went with the matching passenger seat and backrest with the studs that match the seat and saddlebags for Linda - I also got floorboards for her and had a engine guard installed along with the exhaust system I previously told you about - all done at time of purchase and was on when I picked it up. Took about a week as they had to order the pipes and some of the other items that were not in stock - but it was worth the wait. Personally I think you have made a wise decision going with the FLSTC. I know we love ours and after a couple of weeks riding then with mama on board, you both will love yours also. As for me, it was over 30 years since I had ridden when I bought the Sportster and like your wife, Linda wanted me comfortable with it prior to her getting on. She liked the bike pretty well but got tired of suffering "buzz butt." With the FLSTC she never complains as the vibration is minimal. Also I stayed with the steel chrome spoked wheels. It takes a little more effort to keep them from rusting but it saves $750 each, for the aluminum wheels that they suggested. Individual preference I guess. No matter how you go you'll find yourself doing hours and hours of primping to get it just right - polishing, cleaning, etc. I know I do. Let me know when you take possession. Take care and tell mama we said HEY.

I started out with the Screamin Eagle slip-ons and the stage 1 breather upgrade on my 07 FLSTC when I bought the bike from the dealer. Personally, I think the slip-ons were just fine and gave it a nice sound. However, I think for the price you have to pay for the SE Slip-ons, you might be better getting the V&H?

I have since moved to a D&D Fat Cat 2 to 1 pipe that I absolutely love and I noticed a big increase in power!! I like the sound as well as it has a nice deep rumple to it, and you can for sure hear the pipe!! I am not sure why more people have not considered a 2-1 pipe for the FLSTC, but I think it sounds great as well as gives me more power then the V&H BSS (I am assuming this), which was the other pipes I was considering.

Hi HD-n-Guam,

Hey dude, thanks for the info. I appreciate hearing what others have done and how they liked their changes.

I was on the verge of getting the Rush slip-ons that the dealer was suggesting, but looking at dozens of pics on websites of different softtails with different pipes, I decided (actually the lovely young wife and I decided) that I preferred the look of the V&H Bigshots Staggered. But, I really don't want to make the bike too loud, as I've heard the Bigshots do. The dealer suggested a relatively new V&H pipe called the Q-Series Staggered Double Barrel. It looks very much like the V&H B.S. Staggered, but is a quieter level (hence the "Q" in Q-series).

I considered a couple of 2-1 pipes (they look good), but decided on the looks of the V&H pipes. I like how the 2 pipes come together forming a "V" shape, as in V-Twin.

Thanks again for the input HD-n-Guam.

TWD

TWD - I went with the matching passenger seat and backrest with the studs that match the seat and saddlebags for Linda - I also got floorboards for her and had a engine guard installed along with the exhaust system I previously told you about - all done at time of purchase and was on when I picked it up. Took about a week as they had to order the pipes and some of the other items that were not in stock - but it was worth the wait. Personally I think you have made a wise decision going with the FLSTC. I know we love ours and after a couple of weeks riding then with mama on board, you both will love yours also. As for me, it was over 30 years since I had ridden when I bought the Sportster and like your wife, Linda wanted me comfortable with it prior to her getting on. She liked the bike pretty well but got tired of suffering "buzz butt." With the FLSTC she never complains as the vibration is minimal. Also I stayed with the steel chrome spoked wheels. It takes a little more effort to keep them from rusting but it saves $750 each, for the aluminum wheels that they suggested. Individual preference I guess. No matter how you go you'll find yourself doing hours and hours of primping to get it just right - polishing, cleaning, etc. I know I do. Let me know when you take possession. Take care and tell mama we said HEY.

Hi leap,

Yeah, I want my honey to be comfortable so I'm getting passenger floorboards (as well as an engine guard, luggage rack, W/S bag, Highway Pegs, toolkit and chrome toolbox, and the "Nostalgic" Floorboard inserts and etc, etc.....) with the initial purchase. Man, it's easy to get carried away on accessories! LOL!

I also decided to go ahead and get some V&H pipes (Q-series Staggered Double Barrels), Stage 1 Air breather and the Fuel Pack. The pipes will look similar to yours, but will stop just past the start of the rear wheel. They are a new style of V&H, so I couldn't hear them on another bike first, so I hope I'll be happy with that decision. :confused: Time will tell, huh?

My bike is due to be delivered to the dealer today, and I should get the chance to test ride and confirm a deal tomorrow or Thursday. Then it will be a matter of them getting and installing all the options before I can bring her home. I'm hoping for Friday or Saturday, but it will probably be next week.

Miss Jan says Hey back at y'all. :)

TWD

My bike is due to be delivered to the dealer today, and I should get the chance to test ride and confirm a deal tomorrow or Thursday. Then it will be a matter of them getting and installing all the options before I can bring her home. I'm hoping for Friday or Saturday, but it will probably be next week.

TWD

Cool and let us know how you like riding the new bike!! You will have to post some pics of this new sweetheart once you get it home with all the add-ons!!

LT

Last edited:
Hey
Water dog!
I purchased my FLSTC in Jan. 07 at Columbia Motorcycle HD in Vancouver Wash. for
$19,146.65. I decided to have an essential's package put on it (Passenger boards, Luggage rack, engine guard, and bike cover for an extra $568.61, plus I got a LED oil/temp
dipstx $121.00 Glad I got it push the button and get the oil temp and oil level. If you
get one don't use a screwing action to remove it or it could come apart, You need to wiggle it back and forth I got this info for free from a machanic that uses one. I also got an extended 5 year service plan for $1,289.00 this includes tire and wheel coverage for a grand total of $21,390.65. I did get $1,000.00 off for a winter special offer they had. The bike color is two tone Black Cherry/Pewter and looks real nice in the sun. I personnelly see
or have no desire to tinker with the performance success HD put together for the FLTCH. If I want a Hot rod which I am thinking of doing I would get an 07 Dyna Glide 96 ci 6 speed silver engine block for about 13,000.00 and have a new 103 kit put on her that just came out. The kit was designed espeacially with the six speed tranny in mind. And I have heard this is the way to go for a thrill. Then I would put some mean pipes on her. Lol
Everybody ride safe and have a great summer
EZCRUZN

Hey ya all, For those of you thinking about trying a set of "slip-ons", try these out for size,sound and looks: "RUSH" Slip-Ons exhausts. My dealer in Delaware kept telling me about them, but I'm one of those....."gotta see em and hear em for myself " kinda guys. Well, later in the week, I was in the shop, and the parts rep let me go back in the shop to see and hear a set. I was impressed !!!! Looked good and sounded really good for a set of "slip-ons".They'd work out OK and save ya few bucks till ya could save up for a decent set of better exhausts. Ya go into Google and just type in.... RUSH Exhausts....and it'll get ya where ya can check it out and who to order them from ( the H-D Dealer is selling them for around $269.95 (plus -1- hours labor...$65.00) here in Delaware), but I found a website that sells them cheaper. Check em out. Take it easy, Hi-Tek Rednek

Back