free website stats program 2007 dyna wide glide | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 dyna wide glide

rob180

Bike wont start ,washed it 3 weeks ago and dried it off with a blower now went to start it and it turns over but wont fire up doesnt even sound like it getting fuel any ideas?

Bike wont start ,washed it 3 weeks ago and dried it off with a blower now went to start it and it turns over but wont fire up doesnt even sound like it getting fuel any ideas?

A common issue after getting wet, such as washing or riding in heavy rain, is water getting in the plug to the ECM. Disconnect and see if water has found its way in there. If so, applying dielectric grease will help protect from future repeats.

I havnt pulled the plugs yet but i put a screw driver on the plug wire and close to the plug and cranked it over and didnt see any spark

ok i checked the spark and theres none, and allso cranked the engine over and then pulled a plug and it was dry

Have you tried unplugging the ECM harness, and blowing it out with air and reconnecting? Also, check and see if you have any trouble codes

i checked the fuses all ok
i pulled the ecm plug and didnt see any moisture
i dont know where the codes show up but did look at the insterment speedo and didnt see anything out of the normal

When you turn the ignition switch on, can you hear the FI pump?

Sorry, that last question was out of sequence. I will give you a list of things that have caused my bike not to start.
1. No gas in the tank.
2. Kill switch on off.
3. Forgot the passive alarm unit. It has to be close enough for the bike to read it. Yes, I've done this.
4. rode it in the rain and ruined the ignition coil. But that doesn't account for no fuel.
5. Water gets into the left side switch housing ('07 and later models have a killer in there to prevent starting in gear w/o the clutch disengaged)
6. Can you hear the FI pump when you turn on the ignition switch?
:) JD

Do you own/know how to use a multimeter?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back