free website stats program 2006 Road King running Issues | Harley Davidson Forums

2006 Road King running Issues

boomhwr

I have a 2006 Road King that has a stumble between 1800 to 2200 rpm's. If I run it steady it is really evident. The biggest issue is when I turn around and when it passes through the range it stumbles and tries to fall over. It has caused me to lay it over a couple of times. Does not store an error code and dealer replaced the engine temp sensor. Any help would be appreciated.

Something like that would be hard to diagnose. Best bet is to consider the option of running it on a dyno so they can hook up and see what's going on at that RPM. Short of that, you would be throwing parts at it.

You may want to check the fuel pressure in the system to see if it is up to snuff, for now try some injector cleaner in the fuel and see if it helps.

It also could be the TPS on the throttle body. When they develop a bad spot on the winding, this could be the result. That gets checked with an ohm meter wile advancing the throttle slowly and see if the meter fluctuates smoothly.

Testing TPS Values on Fuel Injection - Harley Davidson Community

Back