free website stats program 2004 Harley Fat Boy | Harley Davidson Forums

2004 Harley Fat Boy

DAN RUSHING

Hi my name is Dan Rushing and I just bought a 2004 Fat Boy and want to lower it. I am 5' 8" and only weigh about 135lb. I have a hard time staying upright. Can lowering it help. When I weighed 180lbs I did not have this problem.

Welcome aboard Dan from Gulf Coast AL.
I understand that a lowering kit can help somewhat, but have no idea how much it will lower the bike. I would talk to your local HD dealer and see if they can give you an answer.
( you could always beef back up);)

Welcome from Wisconsin.Do not lower the bike.Have seat modified to lower about one inch. I am 5'7" and 160 lbs. I ride a Limited with modified seat.I had a Road King lowered ,front and rear.You will scrape the footboards in turns.Hang up on speed bumps.Hit the exhaust backing up to curbs.Any upholstery shop can remove some padding from seat.

Progressive shocks claim to be able to lower 2 inches without affecting the ride quality. I have them on my 2013 heritage but I didn't adjust them lower!

Welcome aboard! Nice ride! And there's a 2" lowering kit for that bike. Front forks and rear shocks. I know this because in 2003 we were looking at one and my wife needed it lowered.

Welcome. I also would start with rebuilding the seat.
A quick Google search will lead you to someone close to you.

Back