free website stats program 2004 Fat Boy starting problems solved | Harley Davidson Forums

2004 Fat Boy starting problems solved

iceman48

I started digging into the wire bundle today to fix the wire that was shorting out and causing my bike not to start. It turned out to be the green wire that one end connects to the starter relay and the other end plugs in the side of the starter on the right side of the bike below and behind the oil tank. A small section of insulation had worn allowing the wire to short on the oil tank. further investigation reveal this wire had been repaired numerous time in the past, so I replaced the whole wire and put heat shrink on it. I also glued a piece of rubber on the oil tank to prevent this from happening again. Now I can enjoy riding and not have to worry about whether it's going to start or not until another problem arises. Thanks for all your suggestions. :D:newsmile075::newsmile075:

Glad you got it sorted out job well done, sounds like a very good secure repair:s

Congratulations finding the problem and working up a solution. That "skinny" wire does pose some tricky problems if not dressed properly or wiring subject to abrasion or pulling. :D

Back