free website stats program 2004 deuce EFI Idle issue | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2004 deuce EFI Idle issue

Now that's a Cool trick that saved you a Bunch of work. I did not know you could reach it without removing the IAC. That is worth doing every now and then just to keep it clean.:)

I believe I have to give thanks to Glider for that trick.:s

Just to give an update. I took the air cleaner off so that I could clean the IAC and the throttle plate. After working the throttle back and forward I noticed ( holy (EDIT) ) The plate shaft is split in half at the point were the left screw holds the plate to the shaft. I called two local dealers and they both said that you can not just order the shaft. They said I would have to order the whole unit. 175.00. Again any suggestions would be more than welcome.
Thanks, Mike
Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an update. I had a welder weld the shaft. It looks pretty good ,but he told me that the metal was hardened and was probably weaker after the weld. He also said that he looked at the break real good and felt that it was broke from day one. I'm pretty confident it would work. But I'm not going to chance it. I decided to order a throttle body from NewRoc Harley NY. They offered a better price then list. I called Harley and explained what happened. I told them I found a fair amount of people on line with the same issue. I feel that this is a defective part. Needless to say, the person at harley did not seem to be to concerned.

Back