free website stats program 2003 whining noise, confused....???? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2003 whining noise, confused....????

If you go Hydraulic, you get the New high volume oil pump, new cam-plate with the hydraulic tensioners... about 429$ from HD and the slender taper HD pushrods(adjustable with the modified length tube covers a must) ? 144$$

I would go this way above with your problem.

IF you want to go Gear drive, You still have the old style low volume oil pump and I would not do that.. I have gone Gear drives on a 2000 FXDS and it got expensive,adding a feuling oil pump and a delkron cam-plate. No noise but $$$$$$$$ more than the Hydraulic replacement that works Good today...

Just My Opinion.

signed....BUBBIE

alot of folks are saying while your in there change the cams, and the inner bearings...
that gets it up over 750.00.
i have an indy that will do gears, with 510 cams, pushrods, etc,etc...for between 1300.00 and 1500.00. thats a big chunk of change. and if the flywheel is more than 3 thousandths no go, but with the chain it can be up to 10 ths.

the question is: are you happy with the bike as it was? i was happy when i did mine and so i did not change the cams. i am still happy:D

I've decided to go with gears and new cams, ez pushrods, etc, and have a pro do the work, fine tune it, etc.

o.k. got the milage, it's almost 40,000...
my indy will check the run out and if it's .003 or less we will go with the gears, if it's .010 we will go with the hydro upgrade kit.
i'll keep you posted, but it wont be till about tues, or wed.

was at the dealer today for the brake recall on the '10. service guy was showing me the worn shoes on the cam chains they had replaced. said that original parts will soon be discontinued and when they get a warranty on shoes, harley pays for the upgrade. cheap insurance and a better lasting product.

i think my tech is gonna instal s&s 510's for the cams.
we will see this week. i'm looking for a set of pipes at a decent price to put on instead of the stock. the rear pipe cuts across the tranny right were the passengers foot can easily rub and burn off on my exhaust.

Back