free website stats program 2003 sportster cut out no spark | Harley Davidson Forums

2003 sportster cut out no spark

art gr

hi guys yesterday when cruising on the highway my sportster cut out and died i have a week spark sometimes and no spark others when this was happening i noticed my tach was acting crazy going crazy pinned all the way up and then down any ideas on what i should be checking first? i changed my coil last year and my ignigtion module is also a liitle over a year old thanks art

i think my battery is fine.... it cranks over fine and all my lights are bright.... just no or weak spark

If you read a solid 11 volts on the black/white wire while cranking, based on what you said about the tach going crazy and spark going from weak to none, chances are the cam sensor is bad (pigtail lead wire of sensor could be broken).

The cam sensor is what triggers the ICM on your bike. Not too many other issues beside the cam sensor would cause the tach to swing.

hi guys... i have not been able to work on my bike yet it has been crazy at work i plan on checking things out on saturday is the cam sensor part of the ignition moduler? in the last 3 years i have had to replace it........ i think my problem is that i have to store my bike outside under a cover... i think the moister is doing a number on it and me i am hopeing it is just my coil thanks.... i will let you know how i made out art

Back